Sunday, 22 August 2010

Can I have an "E" please Bob

yep, that's the letter missing the humble "E".  I have not yet tracked it down, but I am pretty sure it is only mis-placed, as I am usually fairly careful with this set of letters.

This afternoon I had a break through with the PA Hot Picks Extra set, and decided that I didn't want to waste the experiments, so they were utilised on the project below.  I had done a thank you project for the lovely lady that gave me the DMC threads and beads (and also sent some lovely lace for me yesterday), but wasn't happy with it  .... so decided to start again and incorporate some of the lace:


It's not too easy to see in the picture, but the letters were covered in Inca Gold, stamped with one of the small Hot Picks extra flowers (which is swirly and reminded me of fishing net) and then embossed in Galatic  Gold Embossing Powder, some Lava Green Inca Gold rubbed gently over that and the embossed in the clear Chiaro Flo embossing powder for a glass finish.


I am fairly pleased with my first venture into metal work as well, with the PA starfish and Ten Second Studio Metal, sandwiched with Humgo tape and waste cardstock.  Actually, the TSS tools (bought at Stevenage/egged on by Alison) were very easy to use.




Supplies:
I think I might enter this into the Sunday Stamper's Challenge over as Miss Hels blog, which has a flower theme this week.

Right, a quicky tidy up and then on to bookmarks for the Parental Control tomorrow.
Happy Crafting Chickadees

Hugs

Kay

3 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous and LOVE that Starfish.. yep TSS are easy... and addictive.. be warned LOL
Thanks for joinin in with the Sunday Stampers...loving your flower x

Helen said...

Ah, another TSS convert! Have fun. Love your flower.

craftytrog said...

A fab little piece Kay! Looks like you're getting the hang of this metal lark! And why you keep blaming me I don't know! Lol!
Alison xx