Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Today I am mostly gilding Birdcages

It would much easier, I admit, if I wanted all over coverage (and so would use my Xyron), but I am aiming for a worn and tarnished look for these ones - which is taking much longer to achieve.

First I painted the grungeboard with gesso, then sprayed with Tattered Angels Lily Pad spray partially covered with Modge Podge and then used Variegated Green Gilding flakes.  After that I have stamped a fern leaf stamp on the non-gilded pieces.  It is achieving the look I wanted but am only on my third one, as I have to wait for the Modge Podge to dry before I rub off the flakes.

Top Tip:  Put the Gilding Flakes in a box to make it easier.  I am using a bag at the moment and wasting a bit when I stuff in the glued item and it sticks to the bag!

In fact, I will take my own advice in a minute and transfer my flakes to a box hopefully I can speed up the process a bit.

Hugs

Kay

1 comment:

Mod Podge Amy said...

I have this die! I love it - cool embellishment.