Sunday, 29 August 2010

UK STampers 3x3 ATC swap - Shades of Blue


I have finished (apart from a bit of tinkering about) my UK STampers 3x3 ATC swap, which this month was entitled "Shades of Blue".

As the PA stamp set I had on my desk worked well with this theme I kept it out, and came up with these.

I started with pieces of Personal Impressions Glossy Cardstock, painted over roughly with Cosmic Shimmer (Soft Gold), then once this dried I used the wrinkle free Distress Ink backgrounds technicque in Weathered Wood, stamped the Lost Cost Designs Passport stamp in Weathered Wood and went over it with Blue Perfect Pearls before it dried. 

Next stamped some starfish down the left hand side of the piece with Cosmic Shimmer Saphire Sparkle (make sure you don't have the paint too wet for this, and wipe off your stamp immediately afterwards).  Next came the PA mesh stamp in Ultramarine Stazon at top right hand side.  A piece of Sir Tim Tissue Tape at bottom right hand side at an angle. 

I then added Liquitex Bead Gel medium over the piece and when dry painted with Cosmic Shimmer in Sparkle Sapphire, and a bit of Bright Holly.

Then stamped the boy from the PA set onto tissue paper in Distress Ink Weathered Wood, dryied with my Heat Gun and then aded to the piece more or less centrally with modge podge.  Stamped a further starfish from this plate in Soft Gold left hand side in the middleish and added more Liquitex Bead Gel Medium and sprinkled on some Diamond Dust .

In hindsight (which is a beautiful thing) I probably should have added the image of the boy before the first application of Bead Gel Medium and maybe then not had to add the second Bead Gel Medium Application, but gone for some Rock Candy Stickles at that point.

I have to admit (in case you haven't noticed lately) that I love working with tissue tape, tissue paper and bead gel medium, I think because you can create layers and texture really easily.

Next job in the swap list I think is the new one at UK STampers that I am responsible for which is the Silver Screen, Song and Stage Swaps .... the details of them aren't posted on the Forum yet, but they are due to go up next week some time .... so please join keep an eye out and join in with them.

If you haven't felt the need to join in at UK STampers yet, please do they are a fabulously talented and friendly bunch, and there is so much inspiration and knowledge to be gained.

4 comments:

Sid said...

Great work and loads of techniques used on these ATC's Kay !

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

What gorgeous depth and texture. A really fabulous set.

Angelnorth said...

Lovely set of ATCs, the tissue layering looks great and I bet the shimmer is fab in real life!

sam21ski said...

Kym they look great but are much better in real life, I know, I've got them - thanks for playing along xxxx