Monday, 27 September 2010

Sunday Stampers Challenge #122 - Black



Sunday Stampers Challenge set by the lovely Miss Hels this week is black, so here is my tag entry for it.

Papaya Light cardstock, cut to 3.3" x 6" and then used my new WR Memory Keepers Pink Corner Chomper for the tag tops.

Then sponged all over the Wild Honey Distress Ink, which was then spritz with water to blend and add drips and heat dried.  Next I went over with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and used a Tatsgtered angels mask on top right hand side.


One of the Stampers Anonymous Artistic Collage images stamped in bottom right hand side, along with Paper Artsy ruler and cogs images in Momento Tuxedo Black.

Some of the black letter paper from the Sir Tim *Duke of Distress* Lost and Found Paper stack on the rear to stiffen it, and a WR Memory Keepers jumbo eyelet in Antique Brass.

Stamped the Paper Artsy bird cage on Papaya Light Cardstock with Fired Brick Distress Ink and then embossed with Fired Brick Distress EP.  Added a touch of Wild Honey DI over the image and then cut it out.

Next cut of the top circle of the image, covered in Versamark and used my favourite Chiaro Flo EP in a couple of layers .... my Versamark had some blue on it, and it left a tiny trace of it on the image .... but actually it looks quite good!

This was then added to the tag (using Pinflair Gel Glue) to line up with the eyelet, but I left the top bit slightly lower than the rest so it didn't just hover around it, but merged in.

Clock stamped bottom left with Versamark and embossed with UTEE in Black.

PA flowers stamped along the bottom in Fired Brick Distress Ink and heat embossed with Fired Brick Distress Embossing Powder.  I then went over them again with Momento Tuxedo Black and used UTEE in black.

Fibres from my rapidly depleting stash that I got from EBay earlier in the year.

I am so pleased with the Artistic Collage stamp set, it is useful for sooo much, and I think will become a staple o my desk all of the time from now on.

Happy Crafting

Hugs

Kay xoxoxoxo

3 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous tag hun, thanks for joinin in with the Sunday sTamper x

flutterbycrafter said...

Stunning tag, and what an original idea to use red for the cage.

craftytrog said...

Super duper tag! Love the touch of red on it & wonderful stamping! x