Wednesday, 8 September 2010

WOYWW #66 - Week 52 Project is finished

and is not sitting very nicely on my desk....not bad for £5 and a bit of splooshing around of ink, paint, stamps and Viva Decor Inca Gold.

These pictures were taken on Sunday, but I've held off actually uploading until WOYWW.  For anyone who does not know what WOYWW is .... then as Hels would say click HERE and it will wisk you off on a cyber magic carpet ridge to the lovely Miss Julia's blog to find out ~and see all the other WOYWW desks~.






I think I may have told you all ~too long ago to remember now~ that little box originally started off as a rough and ready tray possibly for gardening (or a childs room as it had ink stains and also mud in) for £5 from my favourite Kitty's in Seal ~which is a shabby chic/retro kind of found object (posh word for junk shop I suspose, but it is far more stylish than a junk shop has any right to be).  I love Kitty ~she is the sweetest person~ and I love her shop more ..... Toodles has placed an exclusion zone around it, but we have to drive past the place every day on the way to school .... I will literally crack at some point and go shopping.

Thank you all for your lovely comments last week, I managed to hop round all the blogs, and left a comment on quite a few I think.  It was also noted that it was simply not acceptable to conceal from you all the true horror/terror/faint-inducing state of desk .... so I will go and retrieve the batteries for my camera and pop back in a moment or too with another piccie.

Oh but first, here is what I worked on on Sunday as well .... we popped to Hobby Craft and I picked up some Magnetic Foam (I had seen this on a blog, but sadly can't remember which one to give credit) ... the foam stands up really well when stacked in my basked, as because said foam is magnetic one side holds my nesties.  I cut ~more or less~ just bigger than the largest one in the set and hey presto:



Sadly though, they didn't have foam in purple, so I have had to (settle) for pink.

This now such a long post .... I will pop the piccie of today's mess on the post above or click HERE for the magic cyber carpet ride.

Happy Crafting.

Hugs

Kay xoxoxo


37 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Kay, I spy the birdcage on your desk, but decided to leave a comment on this post. That tray is awesome. You can't make patina like the natural from years if wear and tear. What stories that tray could tell. Happy WOYWW and like the way you did your nesties, even though I have none.

Helen said...

Love what you did to the tray. It looks fab.

Jennie said...

Great looking wooden tray.. possibilities are endless..lol
Happy Woywwing!

Linda Elbourne said...

That tray is looking good Kay!

Sheila said...

That's a lovely tray! I'm envious of all your nesties.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh great great job Kay - it's fab, and I'd say pretty true to it's age. Looks great filled with all those well ordered goodies! The foma thing is a great idea for the nesties..mine are in a state of confusion.

Cheryl said...

really love that tray its gorgoues love the way you have stored your nesties too hugs cheryl xxxx

Wipso said...

I really love your wooden tray.
A x

Serendipity (Christine) said...

The tray looks fab and I've never heard of magnetic foam... intriguing :-)

Lothian Crafts said...

Fab storage of your dies so easy to see them all.
Elaine

Phree said...

Love your tray, it look perfect for storing all those little crafty bits. The nesties look really well organised on the foam and very easy to find the set you want.

Doone said...

ooh it looks like my Dad's old shoe polish box...

lovely conversion job Kay,

Dx

Doone said...

hmm most odd - sure Ileft acomemnt for you saying this looks like a box My dad had for holding his shoe polishing stuff - nice conversion I think I said last time!!!

Dx

Minxy said...

how cool is that foam, and i see its standing in a mini shopping basket.. i re-found my one of those the other day lol
love you ickle altered tray x
oh and BTW i posted the tag finally lol so should be there in the next day or 2 i hope :D

Bluefairy4U said...

Morning Kay, What a very clever idea to store your nesties - A lot I see he he. Your tray looks really lovely now finished. I just bought some of that gold and also purple viva waiting for the blue to come back in stock, lovely stuff. Thanks for the snoop have a lovely day, Hugs JO.xxx

Claireliz said...

My, thats all very organised, thnaks for sharing
C
xx

Artyjen said...

Useful tray :) The nestie storage looks interesting
xoxo Sioux

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

ooooh I have magnetic foam and nesties and was wondering what to do - thanks for the idea!

minnie_mac said...

Love what you have done with the box. Great storage.

Marilyn

Hels Sheridan said...

LOVE that altered box... indeedily, I would say magic carpet and that kind of thing... yesterday it was a magic elephant.. I truly think I am losing the plot... ok, have LOST the plot ROFLMAO ... hope all is well with you hun x

Mandy - Crafty Angel said...

that is one amazing transformation, LOVE it so much!

Morti said...

Yay! Gorgeous work on the tray.... gotta love those Art Institute glitters though, even if they do go everywhere!

Carmen said...

Gorgeous box! What a find! Love the way you've stored your nesties too - if I had any - I'd nick your idea ;)

Theresa said...

Oooooo - Love love the tray and all the little pots and bottles inside!

Bettythebaglady said...

Great reminder about the foam-I spotted it on someone's blog but didn't get a round tuit-or some other silly comment-and thought it would probably all have gone by now. Must make an effort. Tray is brill too. Hugs Bettyxxx

Heather x said...

Love the transformation babe, you did a great job with the tray :)
*hugs* Heather x

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Love the transformation of the tray, and my Sister has just bought me magnetic sheets for my nestabilities. Sadly though I haven't manage to collect as many as you yet!!

A.xx

P.S. That desk is far from messy!!

Sarpreet said...

just becoming to love cosmic shimmers - love your storage idea, and I would be very happy with Pink Foam, Fab workspace. Happy WOYWW! Thank you for showing us your workspace.

Lizzybobs said...

loving your tray thingy love altered art making useful things out of trash !!!! loving your tidy desk ;o)

JoZart said...

Very organised and I don't think you need worry about the extra pics. I'll always beat that!
JoZarty x

Sid said...

Very organised storage that tray is just the job Kay !!

Chrissie said...

That magnetic foam looks quite impressive, however, I think I'll have to stick to my CD cases for the moment!
Chrissie

Ciara said...

That tray is ace! Love the pink & gold together.

Thanks for the nosey :-)

ciara
xx

Sunshine Girl said...

Great piece of altered art you have done there and I think your desk looks great - its nowhere near as messy as mine! I store my nesties on magnets strips too, its much easier isnt it.

Nan said...

Love your old wood tray...I always look for old siverware trays..they hang on the wall nicely to for emboss powders, etc. Your magnetic foam is a great idea too.

Cardmaking Galore said...

Two great storage ideas! especially the magnetic foam

WW said...

I love your tray, it's so fun to re-purpose things to fit our needs.