Wednesday, 20 October 2010

#72 WOYWW - A little bit of Steampunk in my life


and little bit of my favourite paper ..... it's so beautiful, and we now have the 12x12 paper pads in stock at the Galaxy (£18.00).

I had thought that I would find it difficult to work with, but really there are so many elements that make perfect embellishments with no trouble whatsoever ~ as can be seen from another side of the Envelope Mini above.



I've just started working on this tag, and am patiently waiting for the Distress Inks to dry .... the one thing that I forget when using them is that EP will stick to them ~ and look yuckie!!!  Actually, this was a junk piece of cream cardstock that I had been using to check the holes on my Cinch, but just thought it was a waste to throw it away, and the holes are quite industrial do you not think?



As you can see this week, my desk top is in slightly more of a respectable state ~ I have moved my Cricut to another room as it's not used that much, but took up an inordinate amount of space.  What you can't see above my desk is that I have cleared off one the top shelf .... I am going to move of the contents of the lover one up there, and pop a couple of baskets on the bottom one.  Then I will get Guy to put me some peg board along the back of the desk to hang bits and bobs on.  Underneath the desk is a bit untidy as Toodles has been routling around looking for bits for her fur suit.

What you can't see on the floor is a wholesale order to go out, and the Graphic 45 Deluxe Christmas Paper Pads to be put away:



BTW, I am loving my Mini Glue Gun now I have the correct sticks for it .... much better than my old one that had a huge nib!

All your lovely kind comments made me feel so much better about it, and I am taking baby steps each day to do something to tidy up and keep it in a better state.

Now, you need to hop over to Queen of the Workspaces, Miss Julia, so see all the other love WOYWW spaces.

Happy Crafting.

Hugs

Kay xoxo

29 comments:

Terry & Kim said...

Your space is looking great, and I love that you re-purposed your scrap piece. I've got under-desk stuff I don't even want to think about....

Terry #4

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have yet to try the steampunk style. It is something I keep thinking I'll do. I really like the "scrap" paper with the holes. Had you not said what it was, I would never have known. Lovely and tidy desk this week, too! Way to go (the neat freak says). Happy WOYWW from no. 12.

Candace said...

lovely card you have made and crafty space looking organised

Enjoy your day and thanks for sharing

Candace #15

Mandi said...

Aww poor Cricut :(
But loving your creative work space

Super project
Happy WOYWW
mandi xx

Cheryl said...

just love,.that steam punk,page I just adore those papers I have them too and oh they are lush,I am after the 8 by 8 paper pads everwere they seem to have sold out,fab desk you have there too love hugs
cheryl x(25)

Pam said...

Your space looks fantastic...let that cricut chirp in the other room for awhile until it is welcomed back! In the meantime your project looks fantastic and I'll have to check out the peg board when it goes up!

Sue said...

Hi ya
lovely tidy desk, great projects, the papers look lush, have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x(13)

Hels Sheridan said...

Your under desk is as bad as mine hun...mine just has an AlfieCat sized gap ... which means my feet keep warm LOL have a great day! Hels (40)

Helen said...

I have the G45 steampunk paper, love it - but not used it yet!! I think your holes look great in that card - will love to see what you turn it into. (38)

Twiglet said...

Great projects - always good to visit.

Maria (inkymits) said...

Great workdesk although far too tidy lol!!
Maria x #73

Cardarian said...

A prety tidy desk this week - love your card!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Jules said...

Love your space, and your projects are fabulous :D Jules (63)

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi there, fabulous workspace and lots of creativity going on! Thanks for sharing, hugs Heidi (#26) x

JoZart said...

As long as you've got space to craft, who cares about what's on the floor. Great goings on and the desk looks great.
JoZarty x

triciasconfetti said...

Thought your piece of work was purposely that way. Looks good. Never seem to be able to make anything really purposely out of the scrap I endlessly keep. I will keep trying though.
x tricia (79)

Bluefairy4U said...

Hi, lovely workspace today. Looks like you got two chompers, blue and pink or is one different. Great Card. Love and Hugs JO,xxx*96

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a busy looking desk. Oh your poor Cricut. Mine doesn't sit on my craft desk but next door on the dining room table. I'm a newbie to the WOYWW so please be gentle with me!! Best wishes, Kym (No 42)

Doone said...

ah you see Graphic 45 designs are my achilles heel - that and bo bunny and basic grey... I have three heels - but otherwise i am quite normal,

loved snopping on your desk, thanks for the post...

dx (104)

Sunshine Girl said...

Your desk is looking great there - very neat and tidy and also creative! love the steam punk page - thanks for sharing (no. 46)

Julia Dunnit said...

Looks like you have it all under control to me Kay! Love where your mind went with the ciunch waste, and await it's finish with interest. That new G45 paper is a bit special, huh!

Susan Allan said...

Steampunk is all the rage and having the right papers helps alot.
Have a great week
Sue xx 72

voodoo vixen said...

Who can resist those papers, they are so fab to work with!! Love your project and now i will have to go and look for the Christmas Graphic 45 papers!! Happy woyww from Annette #33

Morti said...

Ooh, those papers have my fingers itching.... Shame the pictures aren't bigger, but I can tell from the colours that they're fab! Gorgeous work!

Christine said...

Great papers and looking forward to seeing your tag finished, I get impatient waiting for things to dry! :-) Christine #14

Chrissie said...

DO you have room for your knees under your desk? SO much lovely stuff!
Chrissie #27

butlersabroad said...

Great desk again Kay, baby steps are good! Love the blue piece with the holes, much too good to throw away.

Hugs
Brenda 87

Alex said...

Oh definitely much cleaner lol, fabulous x Alex (133)

Paula Gale said...

Hi Kay

Sounds like you have been rather busy sorting your space out - its always refreshing to have a clear space- i find that i am more inspired when the area is tidy... not that mine is at the moment... tidy up time this weekend for me!!!

Paula x x x (97)