Friday, 22 October 2010

Another tag finished for my Steampunk Mini


This is the one I was working on yesterday ... you know, the piece of scrap that I had hanging around.



It's ended up a bit thicker than I first planned, as it's on the Stix-2 adhesive foam, and also the flower - which I made from white Prima e-line coloured with residue of the W7 re-inker that was on my blending tool (bottom flower) and Copic B14 (Light Blue) and B26 (Cobalt Blue) for the middle three bits of the bigger flower.  The middle of that flower is a small white rose bud, that I pulled the outer petals from (they make up the smaller flower at the top), which I coloured with Copic YR04 ( Chrome Orange).  There is also a small watch cog and face that I bought at Stevenage and a pearl with them as well.

The eyes image is cut from a Non-Sequ plate (not sure which one I've had it for so long) and coloured with Copics in E00 (Skin White) and E02 (Fruit Pink), plus the B14 & B26 (Light Blue) for the tear and eyes.  I then cut it out with a small netie scalloped rectangle.  I dust lightly went round the edges with DI Walnut Stain and then put a couple of coats of Chiaro Flo Embossing Powder on the top to give a tile effect ~the lovely thing about the Chiaro Flo is that is is very light and flexible.

I roughly coloured what was tiny pink bead trim with the W7 re-inker  and threaded through ~making sure I left the odd patch of pink showing through).  Then I backed the tag with some of the Steampunk paper (the one with roses on, which I think is called Fantasy Floral.

Next came the bird (Stampers Anonymous Newsprint Bird, and wood mounted one of the few that I have kept that way), coloured in with the same combination of Copics, cut out and edged with a bit of DI Walnut Stain, and then several coats of Chiaro Flo EP.  Added to the top of the eyes image with Stix-2 foam.

I then just gave the Duke of Distress Clip a bit of a quick going over with the very last remanant of W7 re-inker I had left on my blending tool.

I just need to finish this page, and do the tags for the other side, and that is one more down.

Next, ahhh yes, Toodles Dragon head, that I have been requested to give a few more coats of latex to before she gets home.



The latex has a bit of Jo Sonja's Plum Pink added in so we could see where we were wit painting it on last night.  I believe that she is intending on adding more features around its eyes etc, and then adding a white mane and black fur body suit.  The ears I think have also got to have their wires added before she Duct Tapes it and then paints on the latex layer.....not a bad endeavour for a 12 year old though.

And last but not least, a quick view of my desk with the dummy prints of the new Playtimes Plate 1 stamp set sitting there for more work to be done.



Right, I need to walk the dog and pack some orders, and then settle down to some serious admin.

Happy crafting.

Hugs

Kay

No comments: