Wednesday, 6 October 2010

WOYWW #70 - One page almost down


in my Steampunk Mini Envelope project.



I made a grungepaper rose (actually the first one I have ever made .... don't let it be said that I lag behind the trends LOL!)  I used the smallest Paper Artsy Gunge Paper flower dye, coloured with Walnut Stain, then put on a coat of Lime Green Shimmerz paint and stamped one of the Hot Pick Extras flowers stamps ~I have to admit to still having trouble with lining these beggars up, which is a shame as I love the images.  I also cut off one of the tiny stamp images from the G45 paper, distressed it with my always present Walnut Stain Distress Ink and stapled on.  I can see that these stamps will be used on so much, I love them.



The left hand side shot of the desk my scrummy new G45 Steampunk Debutante 8x8 pack that came from Elaine at Quixotic Paperie.  There were also some lovely back gems in the envelope, and I think I will pop some on the gear centres later on.    Also my Making Memories trimmer, which is something else that is never very far from my desk.

As usual you will see in the bottom picture .... my workdesk remains in a right old state ~despite the fact that I mentioned yesterday I was going to tidy it up!



Many, many thanks to everyone for all the lovely comments last week (sadly I didn't have time to visit many desks as too busy doing paperwork, but I will try this week to do more).

One last thing, I have a post pinned at the top of the blog (which will disappear shortly), please comment on it if you haven't already as one person will be chosen at random to get some blog candy.

Right, now I will head off over to Queen of Craft Desk Keepers, the lovely Miss Julia to see if I can get through a few more desks this week.

Happy Crafting.

Hugs

Kay xoxox

36 comments:

Neet said...

Love your busy desk - but it still has room to craft on. That blue background on your Steampunk (I love Steampunk) book is gorgeous. #17

Mandi said...

FAB creative desk space! { I use space lilghtly hehe] Mind you theres a much bigger space than I usually have!
I have the same trimmer as you I think!

See you again, first time and still finding my feet!

mandi xx

Helen said...

What a great desk this week. I have some of that steampunk debutante paper, but not broken into it yet...!!

Sue said...

Hi ya your page look fab, i am hoping to play grunge flower after work!! lovely creative desk, have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x(2)

Wipso said...

Really love your page in the first pic and the grungepaper rose.
A x

nerllybird said...

The envelope looks awesome, I've just ordered some of those papers myself, hoping they'll turn up this morning actually!
Helen (32)

Lulabelle said...

Lots of great stash on your desk Kay! Love the project you are making!

Jules said...

Great workspace, and the project you're working on is looking fantastic :D
Jules (#72)

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh I love steam punk! with the flower can you not use a stamp positioner? failing that can you not stamp out the flower first and then position it on the die to cut it out? Hope that helps! - Sunshine Girl (28)

Linda Elbourne said...

Looking good Kay ... in fact looking very good indeed!

The Taming of the Glue said...

The paper looks gorgeous. Just got the flower stamps and am hoping to play with them before too long. Pam (21)

sasa said...

Great job - did my first flower last year and felt like a learner driver too. But it looks just fab and now you're off! Lovely colours - looking good!
Sasa 18

Lou and Mel said...

I LOVE the grungepaper rose and you're not behind the times -I am. I still havent made one even though they are awesome.
What on earth is "steam-punk"? (way behind the times me)!

oneoff said...

Both busy and organised. I'll let you into a secret - I haven't bloomed yet either! Loving your steampunk collection and the pretty colours on your project.

Glen said...

Ooo...loved the snoop Kay. Those G45 papers are lush and I love the grunge rose. TFS. ~Glen~

Doone said...

- all I can think is - maybe I should leave my iron out - after I had to spend TWO DAYS - searching for it when I wanted to wax my collage last week....

Dx ( 63)

Cheryl said...

oh wow love that paper i have been eying that up for ages now as just love the steam punk,great desk too hugs cheryl xxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely desk and great artwork too. I too love that Steampunk G45 range its gorgeous. Have a great day, Tracy Evans x

JoZart said...

Fab project to spy on and good crafting space. Keeping some clear space to work on,
joZarty x (33)

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Fab busy desk, and the flower looks lovely.

A.x (22)

peggy gatto said...

Lookin good!!!
simon says hi to your doggie!!!

Daniele said...

ohhh is that the new Steampunk papers by graphic 45 I spy on your desk....lovely thanks for visiting my desk
hugs

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Looks like a happy desk.

Spyder said...

I want to play with grunge!! great page, love it have a great woyww
(lyn)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Steampunk is a style I have yet to try, but those papers look lovely and so does your album. I've never been able to use one of those trimmers. I can't seem to figure them out. Glad you like yours so much. Happy WOYWW (#1)

Cath said...

I have never tried the roses yet, just not sure what I would do with them. Love the G45 paper.

Cathx 95

Susan Allan said...

Love your page and you have some fab papers to work with. Have fun!
sue xx 88

Elliephant said...

love that page! I am in total awe of people who can do the grungy stuff. Happy WOYWW, Elliefantasy xxx (129)

BethanyR said...

Great page and i like your flower ....you are not the only one behind...I have not tried them yet...

Cardarian said...

A desk well work snooping around! Lovely page and congrats on the grunge flower - I haven't really made one yet! So I guess I am not a crafty fashonista either!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Jingle said...

That is looking beautiful!

Kathryn said...

lovely flower, it can't be your first one! I have yet to have a go, I love the messy desks, I can have a good old nosy around! K x #107

butlersabroad said...

Love the flower, I've been saying all year I'd have a go and here I am, still lagging behind just doing my own thing! Love the G45 paper, I was looking at their Christmas and Halloween packs at the weekend. Love the envelope/page/mini wotsit thing in the first photo!

Hugs
Brenda 105

Dee said...

Lovely busy desk. Love the steampunk book. Dee (38)

Julia Dunnit said...

Nice nice nice! Great rose - not had a go myself yet - don't use flowers very often so am sort of excused, huh!!
Your desk looks pretty tidy to me - maybe you shouldn't bother!

Creative Boutique said...

Your project looks great and aren't the grungepaper flowers just soooo adictive!
Claire
WOYWW #78
http://www.your-creativemoments.co.uk/blog