Tuesday, 2 November 2010

WOYWW #74 - or to be precise WOYWW -2 hours

I know that it's not really late, late, but it's quite late when your day starts at 5.00 am .... and I feel cream crackered .... I've been working inside and out for most of the day.  We've just finished the final proof for the new stamp set ~ an A5 this time~ and it has been whizzed off to be made into a board.....should be back in a few days.

So, what is on my work desk minus a couple of hours ~what's that between friends!

Well, as you can see, my desk is clear'ISH, except for a book that I have been reading whilst the Rubbah Elf did his thing on the other 'puter.......


but there are are a couple of things next to my desk.  Like this ......



a Copic order that arrived late on this afternoon.  Which is sitting on top of this ......



my really splendiferous ~is that a word?~ RUB 12x12 box - which houses the current paper I am using [previously it had that was lurked around on my desk].  For the eagle-eyed (and I know there are a few of you) it is mostly G45, but with a smattering of Lost&Found, Mariposa and Madeline plus the most often used cardstocks brown and cream.

Have I forgotten anything ..... oh yes, this came out of the Copic order ...........


a lovely sticker - for all the many, many orders we've placed I have never got one of these before!

Thank you for all your lovely comments last week, it literally makes my heart sing to know that so many of you take the time to offer your support.

Oh BTW, concern was expressed for my knee room last week ..... 'tis fine, I am just rubbish at picture taking and it looks a lot more congested under there than IRL IFYKWIM!!!!

Right, now rub the sleep from you eyes, top up your coffee and head off to Queen Julia, Keeper of the Crafting Gateway and see what all my chums have been up to. 

News on my novel .... it's going well, character outline was completed this week, and the first 700 words of Chapter 1 have been drafted with one piece of missing info (for future reference this is a bigger and different type font in RED) filled in.  No school run for me tomorrow so once the overnight orders have been processed and packed, I will be off to do a bit of research at the library.

Toodle pip for now darlings ~ I am going to call it a day and read a bit of 'Splendid'.

Hugs

Kay

25 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh looks like you will be busy oh so many copics,hugs cheryl xxxx

Chrissie said...

I'm just having my first cup of coffee of the day as I read, brought to me by my DH. I don't know why but the first cup always tastes the best!
Very clear desk this week... just waiting for creation to begin!
Chrissie#3

Helen said...

Your desk looks great today, and sooo busy!

akilli melek said...

That is an early start to the day. Have fun with all those copics. caroline #16

Morti said...

Morning Kay!

Guess it's official then, that you're an authorised retailer now..... lol.... enjoy your book, and have fun researching!

Doone said...

yay book authored, and a book to read on the table all you need for the trilogy is an altered book too - I love books, fab post!

Dx 46

Lulabelle said...

Lots of coptic markers there! Hope your book is good! your paper storage looks good, mmm reminds me I really should sort my paper storage out!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've been here for two hours but got up before I could write a thing. Where was my mind! Now I have my second wind but that coffee didn't help a bit.One of these days you will have to tell me what's so special about the copics. I see so many people using them. I've never seen one, except through WOYWW. And I admit, I love G45 paper. Don't know what I would use it for, but it is fantastic and beautiful. Happy WOYWW from #1.

Christine said...

Okay, feeling exhausted just reading all that! You do have a lot to do but you sound like you will whizz through it and look how organised those papers are in that box - brilliant idea :-) Christine #7

Nicks said...

wow thats some order!
Great post thanks for sharing your workspace

Sue said...

Hi ya
luv the book mark, lots of lovely copics, crafters heaven, congrats on ya sticker,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,(17)x

The Taming of the Glue said...

Hope the research goes well...do we get a preview of Chapter 1 when it's complete!!! Pam (23)

Hels Sheridan said...

Cor look at all those Copics!! Heaven or what! Loving your RUB - think I need me one of those. Looking forward to seeing the new stamps :O)) Have a fab day hun x

Loopylou!! said...

omg look at all those copics!! i almost rubbed my computer screen at their loveliness but stopped myself just in time!! romfl!! hugs Lou xx

Rachel said...

Other than being just a little bit too tidy, your desk looks amazing. And all those Copic markers could make a girl feel quite giddy!

thanks for sharing
have fun
rachel #34

karen said...

You have such a great space that even when there are no projects and just an open book, it still looks creative and crafty!
Happy WOYWW!

Carolynne said...

Your storage looks excellent and very organised, lovely creative desk

xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely workspace and so organised. I'd love to have a play with those Copics!!! Thanks for sharing your workspace. Best wishes, Kym xxx (WOYWW No 36)

Kalyber said...

just discovered your blog via WOYWW and I must say I really like your illustrations. What fun images.

Spyder said...

oh to be a copic retailer, I'd keep them all, that's my trouble. Now, all you have to do is decide where you're going to put your sticker.
I've been writing two novels or more.. for about ten years now....I even got into the top ten out of 46,000 entries with one of them, which was quite amazing considering I do waffle on a bit!
Happy WOYWW #31 & #33
((Lyn))

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Hello Mrs 'Copic authorized Retailer' I could never sell all those yummy pens, I would want to try them all!!

Have a great week..A.xx(14)

sasa said...

Hoping you have had some sleep by now - seeing the glam and not so glam side of retail life! Enjoy those colours...
sasa 25

Alix said...

wow there is a lot going on in your world this week!

lisa said...

You get up far too early. Does 5am exist!!!!
You certainly sound a very talented and very busy crafter and very organised.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Lisa (112)

Julia Dunnit said...

I don't know, really, how you make time. But I love to hear that you're at the end of Chapter 1 already! Go you! Oh and the box of Copics ain't bad!!