Monday, 6 December 2010

Tim Holtz 12DofC Day #3 Tag



Phew, just finished another one .... they seem to be coming thick and fast.

Bit of a log jam, I've got 2 more earlier ones and 2 from yesterday and today to catch up with.......will I do it?

Still no sign of my Sir Tim bits either.



I used the Toodles & Binks Figures of 8 quote stamp (which you can see in the side panel) for the background:

Then a branch and swirly flower thingydoowapdoo that looked a bit like berries. 
Background was Peeled Paint DI, applied darker at the bottom and sides, and then spritzed with Lily Pad Glimmer Mist and blotted off.  I did the water droplets as per Tim's tag, and then edged with Walnut Stain DI.

Instead of the splatter stamp I used a snowflake design by Savvy which was stamped in white acrylic paint.

The "25th December" sign is a die cut from the Graphic 45 Deluxe Christmas collection, which I edged with Walnut Stain DI and then put Rock Candy Crackle Paint over the top.

Plenty of stickles in  Lime Green and Fruit Punch ... I LOVE the Fruit Punch colour.

Tissue tape covered grunge paper for the birdie, which I then coloured with YR16 (Apricot) and E21 (Baby Skin Pink) Copic re-inkers.  Then went over the top with some Ranger Gold Metallic Mixative.  An amber gem for this little beady eye and some dark blue'ish gray figure for the next.

The last vague scrap of Webster's green ruffle trim (LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! NEED MORE) and some tinsel rescued from the Xmas Deccies box.

I've just also added a vintage "L" typewriter key, for 'tis to atop another Toodles pressie.

Happy Crafting.

Kay

xoxo

3 comments:

Penni said...

Great Tag.
Hugs
Penni
X

pinky said...

Love all the texture to this one.
Pinky

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

What a fabulous tag!!! Love all the interesting bits! Patsy from
HeARTworks