Wednesday, 19 January 2011

#85 WOYWW - What's pressed must be packed


It's not exciting on my desk this morning, and I am horribly late getting this done.  I had to unexpectedly do the school run and then decided to get the food shopping out of the way.

So ..... here is what is on my desk at the moment ..... at the weekend we had a mega pressing run of Toodles & Binks stamps - therefore what's pressed must be packed ..... and that is why I'm up to.  Hard at it for 4 days in a row now.

If you want to see much more action on the crafting front go forth to our Fair Queen Julia's gaffe and have a gander at the other peeps desks.

EDITED TO ADD:
Mmmmm, had a couple of comments about pressing rubber, no glamours at all - actually it is cold and boring most of the time as you have to watch the clock.  I will see what I can do in the way of a quick vid for you all to see the process.  I will have to ask Rubbah Elf very nicely to be let into his domain, and it might take a bribe or two!!!


Toodle Pip.....

Hugs

Kay

17 comments:

S said...

Well, it sounds like you have had a good kind of busy these past 4 days. Happy WOYWW!

Susan Allan said...

Oh, I wish I knew how to press stamps!!!
You have some nice and simple cards on your desk..always refreshing to see things not too over-embellished, as I often do, but actually I much prefer understated.
sue xx 67

Theresa said...

Very cool Kay! Hope you are keeping fueled up on caffeine...er wine...er both:)

Clare H said...

Fabulous stamps, do you press them yourselves? Always wanted to know how rubber stamps are made.

Clare (89)

oneoff said...

It all looks so very organised, as always. Hope the new IT kit is working out well for you.

Bernie #13

butlersabroad said...

Would love to see the Vid if Rubbah Elf agrees! Didn't know you pressed your own, automatically assumed the designs got sent out and came back as made up stamps. On the plus side, pressing and packing means you have orders and that must be good?

Hugs
Brenda 100

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Wow, it it hard to do the same thing over and over, but maybe not so much when it looks this good! Sue #102

——>Katie Bolinger said...

boring is often necessary to pay the bills.

MaggieC said...

Looking forward to seeing the video, it sounds fascinating. Hope you have recovered from the school run.

Marjo said...

How exciting to make your own stamps...

Thanks for the peek and sharing. Happy WOYWW, hugs Marjo #10

Minxy said...

Aw all work and no play, poor you, hope you find some crafty time for yourself soon :D
Happy WOYWW {on thur!}
Minxy #1

weewiccababe said...

oh that would be really interesting to see the process
Debbi #39

Neet said...

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs ('cept I live in a bungalow - it's an old Lancashire expression). I never knew you made stamps - next time I work for Oyster I will have a look for your stamps. Not that I get much time once I sit down to dem. Will be seeing G&T at CHA in a week's time.

okienurse said...

It is horrible with the plan A job pushing in on the fun times. I like to eat so I have to give in and work occassionally too. Thanks for sharing!

Tertia said...

Nothing quite like doing the same thing over and over for 4 days to kill your mojo. Hope you are done soon, so that you can play!
Tertia 110

Nicky said...

I can understand that doing the same thing over and over must be boring - but it makes the other stuff seem for more like fun we get to play ~ Nicky 24

Morti said...

ROFL - it would be interesting to see how stamps are made!