Tuesday, 8 March 2011

WOYWW #92 - Yay playing with stamps


that's the bit I like about having a new stamp release, forget all the work etc., focus on the playing with rubber bit when you are done ........

I've just mounted a few of the set up on UMOUNT (I hate that job, and so am just doing the bits I need as a new scroll saw should be coming my way any time soon)......and then stamping out the images on tissue paper.

Following my Artsy Crafty weekend I am also fired up about metal, and so you can see the metal umbrella that is going on the same piece - see where I am going with the "Rain, rain go away" image?  Thought it would be nice to use gel bead medium as well for puddles.

I though I would do a little canvas, and I thought that I had some stored away, but can't find them ..... so tomorrow after my duty as best friend is carried out I will go to Hobby Craft and get some more, I was thinking a 4x4 probably no bigger than 6x6, if all else fails I will fall back on a piece of Buck Naked Chipboard.

In answer to the Fair Queen Julia's question, a matrix board is made from the original artwork plate, where there are lines on the artwork they become valleys on the matrix board.  That matrix board then has the rubber placed over it and is compressed under lots of pressure and heat.  The rubber in effect melts and flows into all the valleys, and when it is "cooked/pressed" and you take the rubber off the board they appear as ridges, which we then ink and stamp.......... simples!

Talking of our Fair Queen grab a coffee and head off over to her domain and check out all the other peeplets desk ..... I will play catch up some time later on this week when I get back from my best friend duties.

Hugs, keep it real.

Kay
xoxox

21 comments:

jude said...

Nice creative desk this week.Love the look of the metal umberella,cant wait to see finished design.Happy Wednesday
hugs judex3

Nicky said...

Looks like lots happening and plans in action cannot wait to see the finished result - happy WOYWW ~ Nicky 2

sasa said...

Enjoy the new stamps and discovering metal The Works have great canvasses too!

Sarah or Sasa at 4

Helen said...

Ooh, new stamps! Love your desk today and looking forward to seeing the finished work... have a great day!

Julia Dunnit said...

Ohhhhhhh! Thanks. I gettit now. I hope your duties aren't too tough- still, if your best friend is involved, I guess it can't be. And then hurry back from Hobbycraft please, I need to see the canvas!!

triciasconfetti said...

Those circle stamps look good as does the metal umberella.
x Trici (60)

okienurse said...

very creative desk. Love the new stamps and the metal umbrella Thanks for sharing. Vickie #69

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Wonderful desk! Love the metal umbrella! Beautiful!

alexa said...

Looking forward to seeing what's next and hope you get that canvas. You sound like a nice best friend to have. :)

Minxy said...

Looks interesting, look forward to seeing the finished piece :D
Stay Inky
hugs Minxy #65

The Crafty Elf said...

Just got some new stamps myself but lucky they were mounted. Not a big fan of mounting either but since I purchased a hotknife the job is simple, clean and quick.

Shazsilverwolf said...

As Sassa says, you can can get a fab selection of canvases from The works, really Cheap. See my blog post for some really cute little ones Shaz #118

Fiona Whitehead said...

Looking good Kay - I'm still stroking my new rubber! lol#!

Caroline Hallett said...

loving your new stamps - and its fun mounting them all - I then stamp them onto a piece of card, and then laminate the card, so that I have somewhere to stick them, and then I can see them all in their true glory.... took ages this weekend sorting them out.

Rebekah said...

This looks like great fun, love playing with new stamps! hugs Rebekah 109 xx

Mrs A. said...

Like the look of your metal umbrella. Is it easy to do?
Hugs Mrs A. #58

Anna said...

Now that looks and sounds like a fun project, can't wait to see it when it's done.

Starla said...

Playing! how fun! Love the metal umbrella (being as I've recently jumped on that wagon myself!)

S said...

I'm too impatient to buy unmounted stamps - I like to be able to grab and go. I don't want to think about all the wonderful designs I might be missing out on.

lisa said...

You're not alone disliking that sticky job, an evil necessity. The metal umbrella looks really intriguing. Can't wait to see the finished piece.
Hugs Lisa (119)

Elizabeth said...

Hello Kay, like what was on your desk this week. Hate mounting stamps too - horrible job :( Your umbrellay reminds me of Mary Poppins. If you have a branch of The Works nearby you could try there for reasonably cheap canvasses, that's where I get them. Elizabeth x #97