Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Butter-FLY tag finished

I showed the beginning of the tag on my WOYWW post last week, and I've now managed to finish the thing .... not had much chance to craft at the moment as was busy with training to be fully paid up Rubbah Pressing Elf (had my passing out parade on Friday) and also some personal bits and pieces going on.

So here 'tis:



and a couple of close-ups:


you can see the hand-dyed element with the stamping over the top of that, then Copper Glizt Spritz.  The stamps used are from Katy's "Gone Postal" set.

The raised butterflies were achieved using Butterfly Crafters Workshop Template and Golden Light Modelling Paste with some Distress ink just lightly applied when dry.




Next I added some Petaloo Velvet butterflies (2 small ones, orange and yellow) and the third is coloured using the Distress Stains and Colour Washes.  This time I didn't use my hot glue gun ... couldn't find it under the mess, so just used Pinflair glue - when dry I added some pearls on to their little velvety bodies.

The tag was cut using the TH Alterations Die, which also gives you the decorative plate.  I cut them out using the Ranger Manilla Paper which takes any amount of wet media in its stride!


I ran a Versamark pad around the edges and sprinkled on some Moonglow EP (Midnight Copper Obsidian).

The decorative plate was then versmarked and the same EP done in about four layers, with my trusty old Stampington Cube stamp to stamp into it whilst still hot - I used the script image (make sure you put some versamark on your stamp when you stamp into hot EP or UTEE it helps with release.

On the inside section I coloured with Distress Stain in Broken China and then stamped "FLY" with my other old standby alphabet set Hero Arts Sunny.  It was a bit wonky when I stuck it down (nothing I do is ever very straight!!) so added some pearls in light blue and white with glossy accents.

Cut a length of lace chain and strung from each of the holes in the decorative plate, with a little bit dangling each side.  Scrabbled around in my bag of Sir Timmie goodies from Artsy Crafty and found this wee bird and added him to the middle of the chain so that he dangles around.  The white pearls were also from my Sir Timmie bag and I used a head pin and made a loop to go through a jump ring ... I AM REALLY RUBBISH AT MAKING THESE LOOPS ..... BUT GETTING BETTER!!!!!

So that's my tag .... a few layers, but I'm about layers .... just can't seem to make anything flat.

Happy crafty Tuesday.

Hugs

Kay

2 comments:

uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, It's a very creative and nice,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Nan said...

So glad I was able to do WOYWW this week because I found your blog. Love this tag!