Tuesday, 12 July 2011

WOYWW .... the 2 step program

Step 1 - admit to everyone what a mess your desk is:

and ........................



and tidy up a bit.  Then as soon as I'd snapped the photo move all the stamps I'd packed 2 minutes before; and

Step 2 - move in the collected toilet rolls and paint them:


Actually, they were supposed to be a mini to go in the suitcase, but I don't appear to have any of the bigger ones left, so they will be a little mini all on their own .... probably going to be the July Project Download .... just got one more to collect (5 should be plenty).  So save yours if you want to play along next week, and stock up on the Very Vintage Set 2 (la Couture) set as that's the stamp set I am totally in love at the moment ( and probably for a very, very long time to come).  I should hopefully have the project ready by next week - but am horribly behind as I am not that well at the moment - Lupus is causing me probs plus my accountant is going to put a hit out on me if I don't pull my very swollen finger(s) out.

Can you spot my new crafty tool ........ the Inkessential water bucket ...... used it for the first time at Artsy Crafty and am a complete convert.

Plus take a closer look at the little suitcase .... it has a matte layer of Pthalo Blue mixed with gesso and fluid matte medium that I prepared and then a couple of coats of Lumiere 542 Citrine over the top ... gives a lovely effect as the Lumiere is slightly translucent.  I did two coats on the outside, but just left 1 on the inside and will line top and bottom inside with pattern paper.  Not sure if I will paint the corners of the suitcase and straps in a different colour ... may be Lumiere 548 Old Brass - what do you think?

Now if you think I am mad ....... you are probably right ........ but there are plenty more where I came from over at Fair Queen Julia's crafty kingdom ..... where the subjects check in every Wednesday to show just how creative and tidy we all are!!

Happy crafting.

Kay

**BREAKING NEWS** got the last roll .... mini play time for me this weekend.

23 comments:

NatashaMay said...

Looking good! :)I wonder what you'll do with the toilette rolls.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, I can't wait to start on your TP project next week. I can have my tubes painted in a heartbeat. and I like the looks of that suitcase, too. Gold might be the right color.

Spyder said...

Fab looking desk, but...I must get out more...you have things I do not know what they are! Meanwhile the inner me, who must understand everything you said, wants to start painting loo rolls a.s.s.p. and has checked the recycling bin and we have ten! whopppee! Have a great crafty week HaPpY wOyWW!?! ((Lyn))

Minxy said...

Hi Kay, i'm intrigued by the loo rolls.. i shall be back to see what becomes of them!
Happy wednesday
hugs Minxy x

Julia Dunnit said...

Good lord you're psychic, me and shopkeeper gal were looking at loo roll books on saturday! I Love the colour combo you've achieved on the case, gorgeous. Don't ask me about additional colours though, I dunno when to stop, so hopeless at that! Sorry that you're unwell, how you manage what you do at all is amazing to me. Feel better soon.

jude said...

Cant wait to see what you do with the loo rolls...intrigued loo roll book?Do hope lupus doesnt cause tooo many problems this week and you feel better soon.
Take it easy you always seem so busy
hugs judex 11

Helen said...

I am curious too.... painting toilet rolls? Need to know more about this water bucket...

Lulabelle said...

Mmmm loo rolls, I have loads (I have to save loads of boxes loo rolls etc for my GS who makes so many modles everytime he comes. I wonder if he will miss a few!)Can't wait to see what you are gonna do with them!
Hope your Lupus lets you craft!
Happy WOYWW!

Neil said...

Curioser and curioser....... interesting desk this week.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

thanks for popping over...have me curious where this is going the toilet rolls and all Shaz in oz.x

okienurse said...

sounds interesting. What are you planning to make with the toliet paper rolls? I will be back to see the finished item. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #52rho

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Please explain to this newbie what you're going to do with the loo rolls. What is a loo roll book?? One with very thin pages in case the Andrex runs out??!! xx

Fuchsia said...

Very intrigued !!!
Happy WOYWW

Neet said...

So you are an ArtsyCrafty Girl? Great fun! Do you do the MK ones? Look forward to your project. Thanks for sharing, so nice to visit you. Hugs, Neet x

sasa said...

Great contrast between the black and Lumiere! Hope to see the finished mini soon!
Enjoy that bucket.

nerllybird said...

Hmm...I have mental visions of you staging some sort of raid on a nearby loo to get that last roll! In our house we are completely overwhelmed by the things. Everything on your desk looks lovely, by the way!
Helen S

Angelfish said...

The suitcase looks fab and I think I know what the loo rolls will turn into:)

Cathy said...

Great desk ... black loo rolls????
Happy WOYWW
Cathy xx

butlersabroad said...

Loo roll book! Does that mean you can read it on the loo when it's done??

Hugs
Brenda

Angie said...

Love the look of the siutcase and the loo roll book is going to be fun ..had a firiend who did one. I have one of those water pots and I haven't used it yet ...I dont paint a lot and I'm a little worried it will leak lol

MvM-design said...

Happy WOYWW and thanks for sharing ;-)
Hugs Marleen

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i have loo rolls waiting for a project so i'm interested in what you'll be making. thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth said...

Hello, too bad that you are not so good at the moment - hope the pain and swelling eases this week. I made a mini album with loo rolls last year and I've got another bunch of loo rolls waiting to be altered but still not got round to it. Like that you've used black paint on yours and love the wee suitcase. Wishing you a good week ahead. Elizabeth x #99