Wednesday, 20 July 2011

WOYWW - A different view


this week - and whilst there is actually a lot going on around here (all a bit secret squirrel) there's not much for you to see.

Close up of my Chalk White Seam Binding test dyeing session .... on the right is the plain Hug Snug and on the left the coloured and crinkled test piece.


ad you can see there's some Core'dinations Black Magic peeking out from underneath, which is going in this:


the toilet roll album from last week ......... all painted and stacked ready to go together - actually I made a boo boo and put eyelets in it, and now the comb binding won't fit through .... sigh .... sigh again ..... so I am going to bind it with the seam binding or jute I think.

I would dearly like to get it finished, but there has been so much going on that I'm behind.

I'm sure there are much more interesting things going on over at Fair Queen Julia's weekly "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours'fest" ... CLICK HERE to check it all out!!!

Oh, and I can't remember who asked last week, but yes we do our own rubber stamps ... all of the process actually, which according to one Editor from a craft mag yesterday is quite rare ..... there are not too many of us that actually manufacture them - might explain why I am so bloomin' busy most of the time too.

Happy WOYWWing and crafting.

Kay

24 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, that toilet roll book is awesome. And I like your test strips of fabric, too. Happy WOYWW

Airing cupboard stamping said...

wow your hand dyed binding is a gorgeous colour!!!

The book looks very interesting I can't wait to see the finished project.

laura 10 x

jude said...

Intresting desk this week lots as you say going on love the loo album..lol.Cant wait to see completed.
Have fab wednesday and a creative week
hugs jude 8

Cathy said...

Love the toilet roll album, great colours to it. I buy the white seam binding and dye it too!
Happy WOYWW
Cathy xx

Sue said...

Hi ya
luv the coloured seam binding, luv the loo roll book gorgeous colour, look forward to seeing it when its finished, happy WOYWW, sue,x

NatashaMay said...

I would never have guessed that was paper roll! :) Looks awesome. FIne projects you have on your desk.

Christine said...

Love the seam binding dyeing, great colour and the mini book is looking fab too :-)

Helen said...

Your altered toilet roll looks fab! I love your dyed binding!

Neet said...

I had to go back and take another look - I thought that was a tin to put your book in but it is the book isn't it. Wow, that is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet x #3

Julia Dunnit said...

Ooh that binding dyes a treat gal. And no, nothing more interesting going on at my desk I do assure you!

Angie said...

Love the effect on your loo roll book ...and the binding colour is vibrant

Rebekah said...

Love this the colours are stunning! hugs Rebekah #60 xx

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Your book is awesome! Love the seam binding too!

nerllybird said...

Mmm, yum, I love the colours on your album, and I'm not a purple person at all!
Helen S

Kathleen said...

Fabulous project.
Kathleen x

sasa said...

That's a flash and funky shade of pink...all very interesting!
Sarah

okienurse said...

great looking desk and I really like the color of the book. Hope you can get some time to finish it up soon. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

Clare H said...

Fabulous book, its coming along great!!

Shaik said...

Nice collection buddy, benediction for distribution this Fabulous post.
Sample Forms

Angelfish said...

The seam binding looks fab :o)
I couldn't decide which colours to buy, so went for lots of white to dye myself.

nicandalfie said...

Do love the colours you have going there, love the coredinations papers! Happy woyww

Dragon said...

Yoo hoo, sorry to be late, but loving your desk and projects again this week... fabulous work, as always... great colours
Frankie
xx

JoZart said...

Really interesting results to snoop on at your creative desk......
Lv JoZarty x

Ohhh Snap said...

Gorgeous colors you have there! Love the ribbon and the toilet roll book. TFS! #104