Wednesday, 17 August 2011

WOYWW - Extra from Planet of the Apes Today

Morning WOYWWers,

Here's my desk - not too bad ... not too good, but I've been incredibly busy, so that's my excuse!!


There are some stamps to be packed ready for orders, 3 unfinished projects and my Craft Stamper Projects to be put in the samples box.

Here's a close up of the two things in my work space:


Friendly plastic tiles to go inside one of the unfinished projects - you saw it last week the shoe suitcase.  Difficult stuff to die cut is friendly plastic, and thus why my "t" is not the best in the world .... but hey it works.


My key cabinet which needs to be finished off - probably going to do some Fimo decoration in black on it using Park Life stamps - it's not a sample, but actually to store a certain set of keys in that I am always mislaying.


When I went up to Craft Stamper last week I brought back my projects that were in this month's issue, but actually I forgot to get my canvas back from the previous month.  These now need to be put in bubble wrap and put in the sample box for safe keeping.

Today I am doing an impression of an extra from Planet of the Apes as I've hurt my back and can hardly walk .... having said that there is still Rubbah to press and orders to get out of the door so no slacking for me.

The camera is set up over my desk as I've been doing some videos, just need to finish them off.  Also finished off my beginning bit of the videos:



Thank you for all the lovely comments that everyone leaves on a Wednesday by the way, I really do appreciate them.

I might try and squeeze in 5 minutes to hop over to Fair Queen Julia's for a nose around all the other WOYWW desks.

Hugs

Kay

23 comments:

sasa said...

Glad you get your work back...but where to put it all i always ask myself...great work on the videos too!
Thanks for sharing today.

Sarah (at 2)

ScrappnBee said...

I agree! Love to get the samples back, but where/ how to store! Thanks for the peek at your pieces and the key safe. It is always so cool to see what you are working with from Wednesday to Wednesday! Happy WOYWW -Amanda

Helen said...

You have been busy!! I am running out of space for the things I make - and I don't (yet) send them off anywhere...

okienurse said...

great looking projects in the works. I love making all this stuff and have issues with what to do with it when I am done. I have started donating cards to a good cause, gifting the altered pieces to friends and family. I just don't have room to keep them. Hope you have a great day. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Like the key cupboard. Goodness but I could do with one of them as i am always mislaying my keys. Where do they all go, some sort of key parallel universe???

Hazel said...

Your workspace is great evidence of a busy crafter. Love the friendly plastic (I've got some somewhere from years ago - really ought to get it out and use some) - Hazel WOYWW #65 x

Ann B said...

Spotted my favourite Lumieres on your, very busy, table, they really give projects that special something.
Loads of sympathy from me for your bad back and hope it gets better soon.

butlersabroad said...

Finally got hold of a copy of Craft Stamper yesterday and saw all the lovely projects made with your new stamps, great stuff. Hope the orders have been pouring in. Hope your back eases up.

Hugs
Brenda 80

NatashaMay said...

I love that key cabinet. Hope your back gets better soon. :)

Tertia said...

I could do with one of those key cabinets!
Looks fabulous.
Hope your back feels better real soon.
Happy WOYWW

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh your poor back, you really are over doing it - but you know that huh. Once they're in bubble wrap..where do the samples live then? A whole other room?! Take care of yourself.

Wipso said...

I'm having a quick trip round the WOYWWers before I start on my next batch of little African dresses. It's great to see what you're busy with this week.
Hugs,
A x

Elizabeth said...

Love your desk and isn't it nice to be making something personal, for yourself, to use - like the key cabinet :) Elizabeth x #70

Pam said...

Oh Kay, I see that camera poised and ready for action! Your opening is superb! Really sets the tone for fun, fun, fun!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Nice job on your video. And that key holder/cabinet is awesome. I've never worked with friendly plastic but it sounds like it might not be too friendly. Happy WOYWW and take care of yourself.

Now how did I get a week old post, Kay?

Jona Panesa said...

loved the altered suitcase. I wonder, where do you keep all your projects?

Karen said...

Love the key cabinet and can't wait to see the end result - enjoy WOYWW!

Sue said...

Hi ya
wow you have been busy,never used friendly plastic, luv the little key cabinet, thanks for the mooch, happy WOYWW, sue,x

Airing cupboard stamping said...

Gosh you have been busy I look forward to seeing the key box finished. Thank you so much for sharing

laura #54 x x

Angie said...

What a lot is going on ,,. great fun ...and the video beginning is very well done.

jude said...

Gosh having to store all those samples i think id try and display them mind having the room would be difficult.Hope your back soon feels better.
Have fab wednesday take it easyish!
hugs judex75

Doone said...

Fab video into, I know Luke & I had great fun doing my video animation lead in, sorry your back is not so good,

Dx

Twiglet said...

Great little snoop thanks - hope your back is better soon.