Tuesday, 23 August 2011

WOYWW - Somewhere to hang my keys ...

but first a look at my desk this week:


In case you are wondering what that is on top of my Cinch:


it's my web cam ... turns out that it is the perfect height and angle of dangle for streaming my desk.

I think I showed the key cabinet half done last week, and actually here it is finished:


and the inside looks like this:


sides like this:


I love the Nellie Snellen border die so much, and have had a ton of fun with the cored'inations cardstock ... don't much like the black it leaves all over the shop though!

The rest of it was created using Lumiere paint in purple and silver and Witches Wine Gums Zoozm which are not in the Galaxy yet, but will be a bit later (they are a mix of the red and black, obviously I just used the black).  The keys are made from Fimo and painted with Lumiere Silver.  Plus I used grunge paper and a cuttlebug embossing folderand one of the Nestie Labels 4 dies.

Check out the other desks over at Fair Queen Julia's to see all the other desks around.

Kay

18 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I commented on LAST week's WOYWW. Don't know why, but I came back to see the rest of the story. That key cabinet is truly AWESOME, especially since I got to see the beginning of it.

Tertia said...

Love the key cabinet. Wish I could see it IRL.
Think your link is wrong on Julia's blog, I also went to last week, but no worries, I found you.
Happy WOYWW

sasa said...

Ok - back into this week - love how the Cinch is your camera stand and the cabinet turned out really great...!
Thanks for sharing today. Sarah (at 1)

okienurse said...

Love your finished cabinet! Looked good last week but this week is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

Cathy said...

Fab desk and gorgeous key cabinet.
Happy WOYWW
Cathy xx

ScrappnBee said...

Love the key cabnit! Truely fabulous! I love that purple! iT rocks! How creative to make the keys out of fimo! Thanks for sharing your WOYWW! -Amanda

Helen said...

I was about to comment again on last week's post, before I realised that I recognised it.... doh! (doh! to me, not you) Love how the key cabinet turned out.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Functional items don't to be boring, do they? That key cupboard is decadent and lush. Dark purple is such a dramatic colour! xx

Neet said...

Fab key cabinet. Thanks for sharing.

Jona Panesa said...

what a fab key cabinet!!!

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh the uses of a cinch...I can jsut see you scouting around trying to find a suitable web cam holder...genius!!

I think I can edit the link..I'll go and have a go...i fyou end up at number 105 or something - forgive me!!

Sue said...

Hi ya
still not got my cinch outa the box yet!!! luv the key cabinet,thanks for the mooch, happy WOYWW, sue,x

KatzElbows said...

No idea what a cinch is, but I'm too afraid to find out: I might want one! Excellent work on finding a solution for your webcam, though. and your key cabinet if fabulous.

Angie said...

That is a gorgeous key box ...love all the work you have put in to it.

Doone said...

I'm here again - i'm sure this is the same link as last time?

dx

Elizabeth said...

Love your finished key cabinet. You're link is taking us through to last week's WOYWW but no matter - got there in the end. Hope you have a great week. Elizabeth x #60

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

I did wonder what on earth a cinch was and you sent me a-googling, so now I know! thanks for sharing Happy WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x

Gio said...

the key cabinet is wonderful! Love the color you use it, the side's decoration, those little details!