Thursday, 24 November 2011

Box for my Mother to house the card made the other day


It's not a truly perfect match for colour, but close enough to be okay.
Made with some old Sweetwater Kit paper (only had 2 sheets), which was
quite thin so I had to back with some cardstock.

Other supplies:
Texture Paste
Star Nestie to get the star shape - make sure you wash off well if you
use them with texture paste
Blue organza ribbon - frilled by taking out top wire and gathered onto
the box
Lumiere Paint in Sunset Gold (554) from Stamp Galaxy
White glitter eyelash fibre
Blue button from stash with red glitter eyelash threaded through
Kwik Thread - makes getting the pesky fibre through the button a matter
of seconds
Chipboard Curly Tree by Tando from Stamp Galaxy
Galactic Gold Embossing Powder by SG-me! from Stamp Galaxy
Stickles in Fruit Punch and Gold
Twas the Night background stamp by Toodles & Binks from Stamp Galaxy
White Embossing Powder
Gesso to coat the tree - but you could possibly get away without doing this
Pin Flair gel glue - can't do without the stuff
Fine Glitter mine is Stampin Up

Such a super easy box to make, it took me just an hour to do all told,
if you take all all the distractions of answering the phone, school
runs, feeding the hungry hoards (unreasonable of them to expect me to
cook) and various other household minutiae.

I had promised Sid that I would do some quick videos for UK STampers
channel on Ustream, so I might just do a quick one on this box - in
preparation I have moved the web cam to a different orientation.





Happy Thursday peeps.

Kay

1 comment:

Minxy said...

Aw it's lovely, im sure your mum will love it