Tuesday, 6 December 2011

... and Arabesque .... on this WOYWW


Actually, it was a long time ago I did that kind of thing, now my
arabesque work is limited solely to the crafting work desk ... I will be
50 in a few days time after all!!

This Crafters Workshop template is simply stunning ..... who knew and
has been keep it a secret? Rob has just seen it hanging up and even
said that the template itself was pretty.



I've had it for quite a while and only just got around to using it - the
idea was that the roses would go all over the top, and therefore the
texture paste a la Arabesque was just there to ground them and show
through any small gaps .... but it has been suggested by Guy (and I tend
to agree) that it would be a shame to cover most of it up.

Super easy to do: I just masked off the lace (would have been easier to
do before I put that on hey) and then held the template in place while I
spread on the texture paste with a palette knife and then sprinkled on
first Iridescent fine glitter and them some pale green fine glitter.

Once it's completely dry I will try to place the roses - maybe going for
5 on top and perhaps add a line of the same template around the edges in
white brilliance.

Happy WOYWWone and all - now head off to Fair Queen Julia's crafting kingdom and catch up with all the other fabulous WOYWW desks.

Hugs

Kay

PS: only 4 more sleeps until Jonnie Big Shot Pro is allowed out of his
box - yay!!!

PPS:  a big woop woop for Hels, hope you caught her appearances on Create & Craft today, what a surprise I had no idea she was on .... saw a bit and recorded the rest .... the girl did good.

11 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

This box looks quite stunning. So do the others - you seem to be a very crafty person!

Neet said...

Lovely box and I agree - too pretty a design to cover up - maybe just an odd rose or two!
Hugs, Neet #1 x

okienurse said...

beautiful box! I love the pattern and the color! Might be going minimalist would be best because of the color and pattern. Hope you have a great week. Merry Christmas! Vickie aka Okienurse
http://www.okienurse.blogspot.com

Sunshine Girl said...

If I get stuck I am a top left hand corner or bottom right hand corner placement girl me! didnt see Hels :( Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl – No 2

Spyder said...

Lovely box, love the colour, thank for my snoop! (I can't always get in, but did today with no trouble!)
Have a great crafty week HaPpY WoYwW!
((Lyn)) #31

Julia Dunnit said...

clever again, love the irridescent finish...maybe a row of flowers across the middle, or a smal ring? I dunno, I'm hopeless at it. Any help if I just say how lovely it is!! And ah...understand why Jonnie has had to stay in his box!!

ScrappnBee said...

It looks fabulous! Love the colors! Happy early 50! Have fun when you finally get to open your box! You will have to show us where he goes on your desk! LOL! Have a great WOYWW! -Amanda 17

Shoshi said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous box! Really rich looking. I love the roses in your next post, too. You don't need to cover the whole thing - just put on a few! Happy WOYWW, Shoshi #56

Crafting Time said...

Great box but I hate that when you just cant decide where to put finishing touches, I find this often happens to me!
Wishing you a lovely crafty week.
Helen x

Cathy said...

Stunning box and now I NEED that template ... blaming you!!
Happy WOYWW
Cathy #11

Bridget Larsen said...

So that is what arabesque is, very cool
Bridget #21