Wednesday, 25 January 2012

WOYWW - Is Spring on the Way?


Well, I suppose that it's a long time coming on this desk anyway!

I've just started work on the tag that go inside the album .... just popped one out of it's pocket to try the Spring Border against it for size ..... actually, they will be going at the bottom of each tag - but I think that a different colour will work better, probably a nice dark green with the bottom bit of the border trimmed smaller (and obviously cut to fit the tag).

I really need to get this one done, so on my day off I will push on and finish this one.

More hedging today ..... we have boundaries on all sides of our land that need to be cut back by hand ... it's cream krackering work ... apart from all the cuts and thorn pricks you get along the way .... country living is not all it's cracked up to be people.

If you are wondering what all the above waffle is about, then pop over to Fair Queen Julia's and take a look around the more more interesting desks than mine.

Hugs

Kay

17 comments:

Helen said...

Good luck with your hard work, it sounds as if it will take a while.... Love the tag you've created, it's beautiful.

okienurse said...

great looking tag! Sounds like your going to be busy! Have a great week and thanks for sharing! Vickie #27

inkypinkycraft said...

The piece ypuare making looks fab!!happy woyww hugs trace x no16

Trish Latimer said...

That border is gorgeous! (and I actually like the colour you've chosen, wouldn't change it!!)
Trish xx #44

May said...

Love the look of that tag, Have a great week, Hugs May x x x x x

jude said...

Loving the look of your tag ,and the colour combo is lush .Hope the gardening goes ok not too many cuts!
Have fab wedensday ,and a creative week
hugs judex 17

Lou said...

Lovely tag, more gardening, that sounds far to much like HARD work, Hope you get it sorted soon and then have a long crafty rest Lou #84

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab tag. Yep Spring will be here soon. Thanks for sharing. Zo xx 83

ScrappnBee said...

The tag looks simply scrumptious! Good luck with the hedges! Thanks for sharing! Hope that you have a fabulous WOYWW!- Amanda 36

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh oh, it's coming on so well, and I LOVE that border...indeed, I have to have one....and I wasn't going to cave in at all today!!
Good luck with the hedging...i don't which is worse..the need for leather gauntlets up to your shoulders or the incessant fine rain that gets into every damn crevice......sleep well!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

The tag is coming together very well. I like your choice of a bottom border. I agree that a darker color would give more contrast. Happy WOYWW.

Karen said...

I love those colours you are working with, they are so pretty :)

Have a great WOYWW, Luv Karen #80

Stephanie said...

Wow, that's just an absolutely beautiful tag. Love all the little details!

Hazel said...

I'm sure this will turn out beautifully - lots of gorgeous elements (Hazel, WOYWW #28) x

LuLu said...

Howdy,
Happy New Year!

I'm back after being MIA since November.

Your tag artwork is spectacular! you've inspired me! I really llike all the dimension.

Would love for you to stop by my blog when you have a moment or 2.

Peace,
LuLu
http://lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com/2012/01/woyww-01252012-happy-new-year-image.html

Brenda B said...

They do say "No matter how long the Winter, Spring is sure to follow" although they never really stipulate when though! Hope you get your tag done and I love the border die colour you're using, and it look like Memory Box too!

Hugs
Brenda 99

BumbleVee said...

hahahha.a.. don'tcha love how folks think country living is about "country gentlefolk" stuff? .... the things they read in fantasy books? ... I haven't a clue what cream krackering is...but, I do know that a day's work on my little sister's tiny farm would kill off most of them....