Good morning WOYWWers,
Sorry I haven't been around much recently, there just seems so much going on all the time - I have had zero chance to craft really.
The only thing I have achieved this week is this practice piece of even count peyote stitch .... I am totally into beads and beading as the craft de jour!!!!
I bought a bead magazine yesterday - I have to admit just because of the pretty picture on the front ... YES, I am suggestible .... and in it there was a beautiful beaded ring. Well, Toodles has recently purchased a full on Sweet Lolita Dress from Japan (she's gone from tom boy to girly girl in one leap), so I decided I would have a go at making the ring.
That's where Problem Number One sprang up .... "carry on using Even Count Peyote Stitch" .... what the *&*(?
Sooooooooooo YouTube being my friend I watched a few videos and had a go watching Big Fat Gypsy Wedding Last Night.
Things I have discovered:
- It is really easy to get confused and twist your work the wrong way ... thus going off in the wrong direction and making the end really raggy at the beginning.
- It's really easty to get confused at any time - twist your - work and go off in the wrong direction.
- How to add on more thread - it takes a lot.
- When doing two colours, it's easy to add the wrong colour and then spend half an hour trying to unpick it, unravel the thread and carry one.
- You need wayyyyyyyy more thread than you would think
- Lastly, thank goodness for Big Eyed Needles - although taking it back to the shop to complain because there is no "EYE" only to be shown that you pull it apart and that most of the middle is in actual fact the "EYE" is really a shamefaced moment!!!!!!
Hopefully it will be a quiet day today (Toodles have a really sore throat and fever, so no School and the Hound of Ightham Common cut his pad on a walk with Daddy last night, and is now doing a fantastic impression of Limpfoot Christie - no walkies for him). Therefore, beading for me and hopefully some play time with Polymer Clay as my bead roller, baking rack and some Pardo Clay should arrive today .... happy mail, don't you just love it.
I'm also determined to find time to go to Fair Queen Julia's Crafty Kingdom and check out all the WOYWW desks.