Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Put 'em on the rack, that's what I say

So, my order arrived eventually: three packs of Pardo, which i have
never used before; a bead rack; some spare pins, and a bead roller.
This is what I've been playing with this afternoon. It only took one
ball each of Blue Zircon, Green Calcite and Fossil Wood plus about a bar
and a bit of Silver Fimo to make these.
They are inspired by a demo on C&C last week using the (and forgive me
if I'm wrong about this) Makumagami ...is not correct - I will look it up.
Where you cut even pieces of each of the three colours (or more I
supose), stack them and the roll in a stamp for some texture and then
shave bits off with the flexible blade. Roll out a bead (silver) and
then add the bits on top of the bead, roll to ensure no air bubbles and
make the hole.
Not perfect examples ... but SUCH FUN, and I don't think it will take
too much time to get the hang of it.
I'm loving the beachcomber look of these colours.
Happy what is left of Wednesday.
Hugs
Kay

No comments: