Wednesday, 18 April 2012

WOYWW - wet and windy one too


The last bits and pieces on my desk for Project 2 - Creative Stamping 5
... sorry can't share any more of it.  The hearts are made of grunge paper, painted with PA Fresco paint in Rose, stamped using one of the collection from Katy's la Couture, and then my trademark gazillion layers of Chiaro Clear EP over the top.  IRL they are quite puffy, but will be even more so when affixed in place with pinflair.

Apart from that there isn't much going on .... my desk is fairly clear as we are waiting for the surveyor to arrive, which is the last thing before we are due to exchange contracts on Monday'ish next week.

I am so sorry that I haven't had any time to get around all the desks recently, when we move the status quo should be back.

In relation to nothing ... only the fact that I have a little bit of time on my hands this morning due to the rain and surveyor cometh situation .... I watched The Only Way is Chelsea ............ seriously, I am starting a campaign against the inappropriate use of the word "like" ..... maybe it's a generational/age thing but I counted most of the members of the cast using it multiple times in just the 5 minutes I watched ..... they can't even get one sentence out with out the use of it like, I don't know, like, possibly, like 10 time -----ARGGHHHHHHH!!!  I have to say that Toodles doesn't use it, because we correct her, but I do notice the kids that we meet through her use it like, seriously, like a lot, like themselves - there should be a 2 strikes and your out (voice cords disconnected til you learn) law introduced.

If you are wondering what I'm on about check out Fair Queen Julia's gaffe and see all the links the fab desks.

Hugs
Kay

29 comments:

Neet said...

I know what you mean (word like) although I have never seen that programme. Glad Toodles does not use it.
Love your desk and am intrigued to know what you are doing - will have to keep a look out.
Good luck with the exchange!
Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet #1 xx

Victoria said...

Thank you for the glimpse of your work this week on WOYWW x

Karen said...

Like I know what you mean, and like, I hate it too!!! Love the look of your workspace. Have fun, Karen 79 x

ger76 said...

You've got some interesting things going on there hun :D

Luv Ger x
WOYWW#91

Redanne said...

Hmm, some intriguing work you have there, want to see what the end result brings! Happy WOYWW from Anne #30

Miriam said...

fabulous busy desk.

#84

kath said...

thanks for the crafty snoop today kay and don't get me started on present day grammar......happy WOYWW...hugs kath (25) xxx

kath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Lots of interesting projects happening on your desk this week :)

Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Luv Karen #11

Queen Of Toys said...

You have peeked my curiosity as to what you are creating, must show later please.

Thanks for sharing.

Eliza #103

CraftygasheadZo said...

I so know what you mean, like, to use it all the time like! ;) It annoys me too, and I make sure my boy doesn't talk that way! Fab pics, a glimpse is better than none. Take care & enjoy this weeks WOYWW snoop. Zo xx 17

Hazel said...

Thanks for the glimpse of what you are creating - looking good - Hazel, WOYWW #85 x

SophieNewton said...

Gorgeous hearts, thanks for sharing
Sophie x
No.57

505whimsygirl said...

Great looking hearts. You'll show us your project once you can, right?

It's like, so amazing. You know, like, I mean, yeah, that we all get together to show our desks. Like, you know, it's totally unreal! hee There are a few of my friends that say "you know" when they are talking. Yesterday I had an acupuncture appointment and she was even saying "you know" alot! Don't know what is its, you know......

Happy WOYWW
Hugs,
Kay
#123

Astrid Maclean said...

Great looking hearts and it all looks very creative!

Have a great week and enjoy this special WOYWW!
#26

Annie said...

I'm chuckling to myself here. I'm glad I'm not the only grumpy old woman around when it comes to things like that.
Hugs,
A x #19

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Kay, I'm so like with you about that! Doesn't matter how much money or what our accent...'like' all the time just makes you sound STUPID! I'm amazed to find you calm and still creating; I realise that there's still work to do, but really, you have to pack up all the craft stuff soon, huh?!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I so, like, totally, get, like, what you are saying. I guess that like thing has taken over the planet. I knew a girl once who prefaced almost every sentence with "to be perfectly honest." That was annoying too. Anyway, I love the look of your hearts even if we can't see their puffiness from here. The suspense... what will they become?!

laurie said...

you've made me curious now, I'll be back!

Lisa said...

Good luck when the move day comes, hope it all goes smoothly and thanks for sharing your desk too

Lisa #112
xx

Li'l Pidge said...

Like, love your desk, I'm like well gel!!!!!!LOL!

Seriously, love the sneeky peak....will have to pop back and see what you are making.

kyla #105

May said...

Fabulous makes going on your desk this week, Have a good week, Hugs May x x x No2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Ha! I'm with you on that as well. We all sound like grumpy old women!! Hope everything goes well with the exchange of contracts etc and that you'll soon be in your new place :)
Hugs, LLJ #7 xx

Cynthia Eloise said...

lol, i agree. like is used in such strange places these days. i guess each generation has their own quirks.

VonnyK said...

My youngest has just started with the "like" and I have to keep correcting her too, drives you nuts doesn't it.
Love your flowers.
Have a great week.
Von #29

Helen said...

Love the hearts on your desk today! So, like, loving them (sorry!) Yes, infuriating...have a good week, Helen #10

okienurse said...

great looking desk with those fun things on the mat. don't you hate it when life gets in the way of WOYWW!!! Have a great week. Vickie #32

Suzanne said...

Hope all goes well.
Have fun! #40

Lisa-Jane said...

I spent ages the other day, looking for one of my daughter's books called "Toodles and Binks". I never found it because of course it doesn't exist! I got the name in my head from WOYWW and mixed it up with another book she has and it wasn't till I came back here that I realised my mistake! The real book is called "Where is Binky Boo?"... Getting around everyone eventually. Happy WOYWW #45