Wednesday, 30 May 2012

WOYWW - it's not about the price tag ....

it's about the bling-a-bling.


or trying to make it anyway.  These are my very first beads that have come out of the cooling bubbles this morning and need to be extracted from the mandrels.  The teardrop shaped one at the very front is Guy's first attempt.

Made here, which is now my work desk in the shedio:


with the Hot Head attached with a jubilee clip to the metal working station, which is in turn attached to an old computer desk (temporary set up).  I haven't got a rod rest, so am using a piece of metal out of an Ikea metal hanging basket ... it'll do for now.  The pink pot is just filled with water as a quenching station, and the silver bit just behind it is a metal marver used for shaping.

Here's a close up of my light blue one, with some of the very first green stringer I pulled the other day applied.  I apologise to any seasoned professionals out there, they really are far from perfect ... but I loves 'em like my children.



I need to practice getting a inwards dimple on the ends, but I guess it's just practice makes perfect.  All the girls like Laura Sparling and Rose (Lanatana) make it look so easy.

More playing for me out there today, as I've been a good girl and got up at 5 a.m. to walk the Hound of Ightham Common.  Just the school run left to do now.

Check out the wonderful world of WOYWW over at Fair Queen Julia's castle.

To celebrate WOYWW's birthday, I've added an asterix to my name, but I will be sending a set of Toodles & Binks Stamps instead of an ATC as most of the real crafting stuff is packed.  If you are below me on the list please can you send me an email with your address details.  Email details for me can be found on the Stamp Galaxy site.

Hugs

Kay

14 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

I love to learn new things so good luck with your projects.
Did some stamping for 1st time this week and now want my Doodly birds immortalised on a stamp pad heehee
Lynn
One I made earlier today

Neil said...

Hi there, just popping in to wish you a happy WOYWW 3rd anniversary! Who would have thought it would grow to be such a weekly treat for us all to catch up and see so much inspiring creativity! Here's toasting the next year.....

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

HAPPY WOYWW Kay. I'm above you on the WOYWW listings and will be delighted to send you an ATC if you email me your snail mail addy. My email address can be found on my side bar.

Have a great day hon. Your beads look amazing to me . . . I didn't know you could make your own!

Hugs, Sarn xxx #57 ish

Helen said...

Happy WOYWW and good luck moving... great beads, not done anything like that (better not even go there either!) Helen, 8

Jackie said...

Happy 3rd anniversary!!

Gosh how clever making your own beads and keeping such a very tidy desk....
Jackie 91
http://scrapbangwallop.blogspot.com

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Making your own beads! Who'd have thunk. It sounds like quite a bit of a to-do, but you've having a good go of it. The work space is looking very tidy, probably not good to attempt in a cluttered area.

Katie said...

Those are awesome! Love it!

Happy WOYWW!

Katie (38)

Lisa said...

Hi! I'm lucky enough to be below you in the WOYWW list, so I'll email you my address now!!! Great desk, very tidy and very clever with the beads!!!

Lisa Sparkle :)

Angie said...

I am filled with admiration ....I love your beads...hand made should be not quite perfect I always think. .Happy 3rd woyww birthday

Serendipity Stamping said...

Glad you are having a fun time with the bead making. Love that you were able to draw in the second color. Fun and more fun. Tidy desk too. Happy 3rd.

Elizabeth said...

Cooling bubbles, mandrels ... this is what makes participating in WOYWW so much fun. It's also a lovely way to "meet" fellow crafters such as yourself and see what you are up each week. Happy belated 3rd WOYWW anniversary! Elizabeth x #94

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Is this a new addiction? I must have missed it, since I've been gone awhile. It was good be part of this awesome group we visit each week. Happy day after WOYWW from #2.

Queen Of Toys said...

Wow you are so clever I have never done anything like that. I think it is perfect and I can't see any problem with what you have created, perfect, perfect, perfect, keep telling yourself that and you can only get better.

Happy crafting
Eliza #140
http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/

Ali said...

Oooh you're making your own beads?! Wow! I have to say, to someone who's never made a bead in her life, they look fantastic! :)

Thanks for sharing and happy WOYWW anniversary!

Ali #86