Wednesday, 13 June 2012

WOYWW - Latest Offerings


These are the latest two offerings from Henry Hothead (my torch) .... I've just taken them off the mandrels to clean out the bead release, and am really pleased with the smaller green decorated one which has actually hot ok holes both ends (hoo-bloommin-ray) and the larger pink and raspberry stringer decorated one has a better-than-before-but-a-little-rough-on-one-side-hole at one end and an okay hole at the other - this one I had problemos with winding onto the mandrel and it all went a bit Pete Tong and had to rescued by shaping in the flame for a very long while ... so moral to this tale is wind it on neatly and use a tuning fork method for the far end and you will achieve okay holes.

I used a different bead release of them too, which I was not at all sure about at first, but provided I let it air dry it's quite nice and easy to clean off.

'Nuff talk of holes ....... what is actually on my desk is 4 A4 sets like this to go into the Adoption Bin over at Stamp Galaxy.  They usually retail at £19.99 a sheet, but as these ones have a small blister on the back (which won't affect the way they stamp at all, but are classed as seconds in our eyes) they are being sent there for some lucky person to bag at £4.99 for a sheet ......... bargain:




Normally, these would get cut up and go in the box for gifts to go with orders, but as we are (allegedly!!!!) shortly due to move I don't want to much to pack up.

I had a personal appointment today that was due to take up the whole of my working day .... but found out last night that it's been cancelled .... so more torch time for me working on those holes.

I might even find time to hop over to Fair Queen Julia's realm and check out all the lovely WOYWW desks too.

Hugs

Kay









11 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, lampworking! Going to scoot back through your blog to find more...
Laura 78

famfa said...

Wow this looks interesting. Need to see more.
Famfa 108

craftymonki.com said...

Wow, that's stamp sheet is awesome!

Happy WOYWW

Zoe #12

Helen said...

I am not sure how you are making these beads - I thought they were glass at first but now I am not sure. I might have to investigate further! WOYWW Hugs from Helen 14

kay said...

your beads remind me of yummp lollipops
have a fab crafty week
kay #25

Julia Dunnit said...

Craftymonki is right, awesome stamps. And also, beads..loving the patterns you're achieving. So the move is back on? Or is this another?!!

sandra de said...

wonderful beads and great stamps.
Sandra @85

Queen Of Toys said...

Looks to me like you are starting to get into the swing of things and work it out and good for you. Your beads look great especially the first one with the pink.

Have a great crafting week
Eliza #65
www.queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au

Please use this link when replying or the blog link.

peggy aplSEEDS said...

your beads are yummy, and i have no idea about the challenges of making them. hope you work them out. the stamp sheet is wonderful!

Neet said...

Oh wow, those beads look awesome. Good luck with them all. would not know where to start with something like that.
Hugs, Neet (like the White Rabbit - late) #59 x

Tertia said...

Man, those beads are awesome! I would love to give that a try some day!