Wednesday, 20 June 2012

WOYWW - mess everywhere


as you can see my desk is in a right old state .... it's essentially a dumping ground for everything going on around it at the moment.  Apart from all the bead making (which to answer a couple of questions recently is made of glass .... scroll down to read about my trials and tribulations in spinning the stuff).

We have filing, a much loved toy of Lou's that needs mending (even though she is 14 Antlers is still very much a required item - I can't find his squeek anywhere though), carpet freshener (we have a dog and I don't like it to smell doggie), paper cutter (have been cutting up loads of 12x12 to make little note jotters for my mum), a new magazine to read (if ever I get time).

Hopefully, as we've progressed a long way down a new conveyancing chain, this lot will disappear altogether in the next week or so into boxes.  Still .... a house chain it seems is as delicate as spun sugar in these tough economic times, and therefore it could all be off again next week.

We have a removals chap coming this afternoon to give us a quote for moving, and I am dreading the amount it's going to cost.

For much more impressive desks than mine, why not head off now to Fair Queen Julia's have a snoop around the girls surfaces!

Hugs

Kay

14 comments:

KatzElbows said...

I would swear that's a tidy desk. I mean, you can see the table top. And there's tonnes of room to work, rather than just a 4"x6" space. Plus it's all there for a really good reason.

cheers, rachel #19

sandra de said...

I think your desk is looking pretty good but then it is all relative. Good luck with the move.
Sandra @32

Hazel said...

Hope the removal estimate isn't too shocking! Thanks for the opportunity of having a peep at your workspace - trying to make a few visits early this week! Hazel, WOYWW #87 x

craftymonki.com said...

I think your desk is definitely tidy compared to how bad mine gets! Hope the moving quote isn't too bad.

Happy WOYWW

Zoe #57

Miriam said...

fabulous desk. Thanks for sharing.
#101

Laura said...

Aw, poor Antlers!
Laura 94

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Happy WOYWW.

Hugs, Sarn xxx #80

SophieNewton said...

That's not a mess, seen far worse already this week on my WOYWW travels ;-)
Sophie no.93

Angela Weimer said...

That is definitely not a mess. Should have seen my daughters work desk this morning Before I made her clean it. There was everything from beads to books. You name it it was there. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

scrappymo! said...

I think it looks pretty darned good. Not messy at all!!!

Good luck with the sale.

peggy aplSEEDS said...

happy WOYWW! i am in awe of your beads. where do you make them?
hugs, #15 peggy aplSEEDS

mommyle said...

That is a TIDY desk!!! Have awonderful week! Good luck with moving!

Eliza said...

Oh you poor thing having to move, I just couldn't imagine having to do that anymore. I used to do it all the time in another life, but not anymore. Good luck with it all, my motto when moving was if you havent used it in 3 months then you dont need it, so out it went. LOL Gosh could you do that now with all the art supplies, I think suicide would be easier, only joking.

Have a happy crafting week if you can even if for only 10 mins.
Eliza #163

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super desk pic! Take care, am snooping still on Sunday, late but determined to get round more than I have for a few weeks! Zo xx 73