my new Kiln arrived this morning .......... so far I have unpacked the small box on top (which contained some circle thingies and two octagonal'ish kiln shelves and a pot of bat wash.
There's a large metal band around another smaller package and the actual kiln, but I can't find anything to cut it off with at the moment - so that will have to wait for the Rubbah Elf (he will need a helper to get it off the pallet too). I had no idea it was that mahoosive, but there is room for it with a bit of jiggery pokery. One of our new neighbours' is a potter, so any problems I am sure I can skip down the street to get help using it.
So far this morning I've:-
- walked the Hound of East Sussex
- moved furniture (our new sofas arrived last night)
- taken a garden sofa down to the summer house
- moved stock from the workshop upstairs to the office (still quite a few boxes to go though)
- shifted around some of the workshop furniture to make room for the kiln
- looked at the order situation
- done my paperwork
- thought about anything for dinner
- eaten properly or had a shower
I've been told by the quack to rest ... but I haven't got time for that.