Thursday, 4 October 2012

Spoiler Picture - UKSTampers Round Round Baby Button Swap

... and before you ask, no the 'Baby' bit in the title doesn't mean it's got a baby theme! (I am beginning to wish I hadn't put it in the, but I was thinking of the song "You Spin Me Right Round".  Spaces for the swap were all taken, but we've decided to open up another space if you fancy play.  The link is on my Twitter feed.

Look away now if you don't want a spoiler, because the best six of these will be the first design, just six more designs to go.


Made of Earthenware clay with a texture stamped on, the "springs" (get me!!) added for the flower design.  Holes either side.  They need to dry out more, then be sanded, glazed and bisque fired before the glaze can be added.

I got a large voucher to spend on glazes so have ordered some lovely colours this morning to go with the ones I bought at the Clay Seller the other day.  I am thinking cream crackle for the bottom bit and then autumnal for the flower with maybe a chocolate centre to it, but like a Rudbekia.

Happy Thursday all.

Hugs.

Kay

2 comments:

gardenpinks said...

Oh love your buttons! Mine won't be anywhere as good nor as detailed :)
Lynn (rusticus on UKS)

butterfly said...

These look amazing... so tiny, yet so detailed!
Alison x