Wednesday, 24 October 2012

WOYWW - A Field of Poppies

well, seven of them.....


I've just prepared these, and now in their greenware state that have to dry out for about 12 hours, to then re refined further and then dried for a further 7 or so days.  They are the next design in the UK STampers Round Button theme Swap that I am working on.

My desk looks like this:


to the left is the glazing mentioned in last week's WOYWW (scroll down a couple of posts to see close-ups of it.

The small grey blob of top of the plastic box next to that pile is this:


the fourth design in the swap ... again, it's in the greenware stage and is a test one.  I need to make sure that I cut out all of the little hearts and try and line them up better with the actual ones for the swaps - this was just to formulate what I had in my head!  I am sure they will look awesome when glazed though. Just two more designs (1 with holes and 1 without) to go.  I also have to finish off the Artisan Whimsy "Location" challenge, but I need some silver wire, which is somewhere between Birmingham and here at the moment (it should show up tomorrow with any luck).

The one thing I forgot to share with you was my new Bench Peg & Anvil, but it can wait ... in any event Guy needs to saw a "V" shape in the peg for me.

There are some lovely desks to nose around over at Fair Queen Julia's, grab a coffee and check 'em out.

Hugs

Kay

19 comments:

kay said...

poppies are my fave flower so i adore the buttons. :)
have a fab woyww
kay #57

inkypinkycraft said...

Those flowers look fab! Have a great week trace x 46

Claire said...

wow! such detailed work!
can't wait to see them when they're finished...
have a great week :)
no. 52

Julia Dunnit said...

It's a long old process isn't it, I had no idea that the freeware took so long to dry out. The buttons are just ace.
Emmy will be at expo with two chums, one who will be painted blue, should make them easier to spot..two in dull medieval doublets, big velvet cloaks and swords (and possibly a wheelchair, depends how the chum is feeling).. And a girl in blue skin and long white wig..and they're going for the whole weekend, ugh. If Lydia sees them ( crowds and crowds of people though)', tell her not to be shy, they will be thrilled to meet her,

Annette said...

These look beautiful I love Poppies xx

Helen said...

This sounds like a long and laborious process - can't wait to see the finished things, as I love poppies. Have a good week. Helen, 19

KatzElbows said...

I would never have the patience for it, but I'm glad you do. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Happy WOYWW.
cheers, rachel #67

Minxy said...

You have been a busy little bee haven't you Kay, your clay pieces are uber cool x So have you given up the old papercraft and stamp selling? or you just taking a well deserved break from it all x
Happy Wednesday chick
Hugz Minxy #7

Lottie said...

Wow these are stunning too - I an so envious of your new talent and skills

triciasconfetti said...

Love the poppies they wil look amazing I sure when completely finished. Long process by the sounds of it though.
Happy WOYWW
Tricia 105

butterfly said...

Such exciting work to see... the clay buttons look just gorgeous - hope that heart one works successfully, it's wonderful!
Alison x
#35

Sandi McLean said...

Had no idea of the process, so interesting! Hope you will show the finished product. Poppies - so timely. Best put a Nov 11th post on my to do list! Sandi #42

belldoubleyou said...

Ooh, new bench peg! Those things are awfully useful.

Chloe G said...

What an interesting peek into the process! If only I had time/energy to start another hobby! Look forward to seeing them finished. Have a lovely week, Chloe 85

Nicky said...

Love your poppies they look fab - have a great week thanks for sharing ~ Nicky ~53

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fantastic flowers-look forward to seeing their progress! Chris#150

Andrea said...

love the flowers although Idont think id have the patients that you obviously have they look like they are going to be beautiful,I hope to see the finished result. have a fab week #99

scrappymo! said...

My goodness...you are one patient lady. these are going to be simply gorgeous when they are finished.

Sunshine Girl said...

Its a slow process but so worth it isnt it! Thanks for visiting me this week.