Wednesday, 3 October 2012

WOYWW - I'm now a 2 kiln 1 Toaster Oven Kinda Gal

We unwrapped the big kiln last night, but he still needs to come of the pallet and be put into position.  Mercuy the Magnificent is his name:


He's oh so shiny  and oh so flippin' huge .... Guy pointed out that it would probably take 100's of beads and pendants to justify putting it on really.  Which is a shame, as I only have this many at the moment:


.... yes, a handful of beads, 2 buttons and the odd pancake come Cornish Pastie ready to be filled shape is a rustic, very, very, very rustic plate type arrangement that I'm intending to use in the kiln going forward to hold beads.

The black blob at the back is my Ace Baby Kiln with his back to me ... no doubt in a sulk as he now has a big brother.  My Toaster Oven sits in front of the desk on some bookcases, but is out of shot.

No school run for me this morning so I will get the dog walked in double quick time and make some more beads I think.  Then this evening I thought I might play with some PMC bronze.

I'm off to wander the halls of Fair Queen Julia's Castle to see all the other WOYWW prince and princesses' work.

Happy Wednesday.

Hugs

Kay

9 comments:

okienurse said...

Oh I hope my DD doesn't see the kiln's cause she has been after me to go in and buy one with her. I don't do anything that would warrant me buying one so I am going to give her the money for Christmas. Any suggestions of a good brand. Thanks for sharing and Have a great week. Vickie #22

Shazsilverwolf said...

Great pics, I'm sure you will be able to force yourself to make enough beads to be able to run Mercury the Magnificent! lol.Have a great week, Shaz #60

Glenda said...

How interesting! That is one great big kiln! Get busy and fil it up!
Glenda 73

Neet said...

Just think of all the fun you can have creating for Mercury the Magnificent. Good luck with the bead making - hope we get doe finished results soon to drool over.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Neet 31 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

My word, it is a magnificent and shiny beast! You'll have to throw a couple pots to add to the first firing party...you must be itching to get it going!

Gillian .... said...

Have fun in your bead making session, that kiln looks one serious bit of kit. Happy WOYWW! Gillian #133

Brenda Brown said...

What a magnificent kiln and so aptly named. How long will it take you to fill it?
Happy WOYWW.
hugs {brenda} xox #134

Tracey said...

Wow a kiln, cant wait to see some finished results Tracet±93

Lindsay Weirich said...

Ha! too funny, I just dug out my microvave kiln for glass beas this weekend, great fun! happy woyww Lindsay #81