... and just how doubly amazing it is to see that pale finish transform into something completely different to what you have expected.
So I was excited this evening to paint on some uninspiring underglaze
which will go in the kiln tomorrow evening and hopefully turn into something lovely. The glaze colour was Cranberry Frost for the flower and Schwartz for the centre and pico edge. The only thing that I am a little concerned about is that I kept finding tiny spots of black as I was painting the Cranberry Frost, which I was duly dragging off with the point of a skewer ... it was only once I'd done most of them I realised that it was in the glaze - and should probably not be got rid of - so I am not sure how it will turn out. The last one has some of the bits left in place for me to compare. I glazed the outside as well, but left the bottom unglazed.
This next shot is even more boring
and uninspiring painted on - it's Heirloom Silver apparently, but it just looks a very, very dark mud colour.
The next shot is just a wider shot of my desk after I had finished with the poppies.
Unfortunately, I accidentally dropped one of the darn things as I took them out of the kiln this morning after the bisque firing, which put me one down on the numbers I needed, so I had to make another one. That's drying off now for a few days, and by the time I am ready to glaze it I will know the outcome of leaving/or not leaving the bits in the Cranberry Frost.
I'm off to Eastbourne this morning to pick up a Vernier Callipher so that I can accurately measure some of the beads I made last week, and put them in the Shop for sale. Hopefully when I get back I can grab a coffee and head off over to Fair Queen Julia's Kingdom of Crafting Desks to see what's going down.