Saturday, 3 November 2012

I find it difficult to sleep when I have glazed stuff in the kiln


and last night was no exception .... I should be taking the chance to get a Saturday lie in as the next one I get will be well into December, but noooooooo I had glazed to see what the Glaze Gods gave me this morning.

I am a happy girl in the most part.  Glaze is endlessly fascinating though, you paint on dull and lifeless goop, and it turns into something shining and sometimes a totally different (and in some cases) vibrant colour.  I love it - why did they not explain that part in the pottery lessons all those years ago.  Talk colour to me, and you instantly gain my attention.

They are too hot to get out of the kiln yet, and I can't wait to share the results with you.  The brown gloop that was called Heirloom Silver was a wonderful surprise in particular, and I also found out why I had picked off the little bits from the poppy glaze (and wish maybe that I had carried on doing that).  I have also discovered that the word "Cranberry" means something different to the people that made the glaze than it did to me .... it is much paler than I thought.

Enough waffling from me for now.  I am going to go back to bed and try to sleep now so that the kiln will cool down just that bit more for me to empty it out and show you.

Laters peeps.

Hugs.

Kay

No comments: