Monday, 5 November 2012

Serendipity Poppy


The other day I mentioned that I chipped one of the Bisque fired poppies as I was getting them out of the kiln, well rather than waste it I thought I would have a play with it.

After sanding off the chipped bit, I painted with Jo Sonja's Acrylic Paint - which we actually have on phenomenon special at the moment at £2.99 for 75 ml tubes - but that's not why I chose that colour believe it or not, I use Jo Sonja's or Paper Artsy as my paint of choice, as in this instance the Fresco would have been a bit chalky and I didn't have a red.

Once dry I gave it a coat of Sparkle & Spray Sealer, and then added Glossy Accents in the middle and around the edges and dipped it in Black Glitter.  It was a serendipitous accident in the end, and I was so pleased that the ceramic took acrylic so well.  I think I might just produce some plain ones that are smaller for altered art projects.

Happy Monday

Hugs

Kay


2 comments:

Laura said...

Love those happy accidents!

Lottie said...

What a brilliant 'accident' - I have found too that after chipping or messing something up (which you didn't I hasten to add) if I have left it overnight - then have another got - something creative happens

Great poppy - I bet it is stunning in real life - are you going to make a pendant out of it?