Monday, 12 November 2012

UK Inspiration Challenge



I'm certainly up for no prize for taking part in this challenge ... or trying to take part ... as usual another deadline has gone sailing over my head, and I haven't completed my piece.

I love Durdle Dore so my inspiration started with that, the blues and greens of the sea and brown/cream tones of the rock and cliff top.


I have made the glass lampwork beads, ceramic nuggets and ceramic shell surface pattern beads though totally from scratch so that is why I am so badly behind.

Here for what it's worth is how mine has got along so far:


The first couple of elements have actually made it onto the chain.  The copper shells were bought (to my shame as I haven't had time to make any), along with the small green glass beads and blue and green faux pearls.  I made some small lampwork beads and used Heathcliffe Frit.  Then I hand formed the nuggets and glazed them in brown and turquoise.  Next I hand formed the blue ceramic rounds, made a shell surface texture and finally glazed them with a Blue Stoneware glaze.

Here's a close up of the lampworked beads, but bear in mind that I am very new to both lampworking and ceramics!

Also a closer shot of the ceramic element.


All I need to do now is put it all together and show you the finished bracelet in a day or too hopefully.

If you want to see some truly inspiring bits of beading then head to these amazing blogs:


The Hosts
Lesley Watt Gossiping Goddess
Rebecca Anderson Songbeads
Pippa Chandler Pip's Jewellery
Teresa Hulley Bo Hulley Beads
Natalie McKenna Grubbi

The Dribble over Dorset Inspiration Crew:
Ginger Bishop Lilmummylikes
Cece Cormier The Beading Yogini
Therese Frank Therese’s Treasures
Cilla Watkins Tell Your Girlfriends
Sherry Baun

Kay (Toodles and Binks) ** THAT'S ME **


The Everybody Loves Edinburgh Parcel of Talent:


Therese Frank Therese’s Treasures
Kashmira Patel Sadafulee
Caroline Dewison Blueberribeads
Sherry Baun
Leigh Thow Jewellrleigh
Lucy Haslam


The Bath Beauties Create Team:


Sherry Baun

Illustrious Isle of Wight Beauties:
Duane Clark Bizzy Bead
Sharyl McMillian-Nelson Sharyl's Jewelry
Leigh Thow Jewellrleigh
Jean Wright Just Beadey
D Lynne Bowland Islandgirl’s Insights
Sherry Baun

The Liverpool Lovelies
Shalini Austin   Jewellery by Shalini
Doris Stumpf Glaszwerg
Sherry Baun
Lennis C Windbent


The Southampton Belles


Sherri Stokey Knot Just Macramé
Sherry Baun
Leigh Thow Jewellrleigh
Kathy Lindemer Bay Moon Design

then grab your supplies and set to work making something inspired by the UK Challenge Blog Team.
Happy Creating.
Hugs
Kay

8 comments:

Lottie said...

Wow your beads are awesome - what a fantastic bracelet you will have

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi,
This is a wonderful start I love your gorgeous beads!
Therese

Jean A. Wells said...

I am so impressed that you are making your own beads. They are fabulous beads and your bracelet is going to be beautiful. I would love to see it when it is finished. Great job!

Lesley said...

Well you may not have finished - but gosh you've put some effort into this! Thanks you for choosing Dorset and I can totally see the influence of Durdle Dor in your lovely beads. Do let us know when you finish as I would love to see the end result.

Jo said...

I am so impressed that you made all the beads going on your bracelet! Beautiful! Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge.

Islandgirl said...

Some of those clay beads are lovely colours... Your inspirational picture looks like a dinosaur drinking out of the ocean. I'm sure your charm bracelet will be fun to wear when it's done!

Sharyl said...

I'm so glad you showed us! You've made some beautiful beads and put a lot of thinking, work, time, and creativity in this! It's wonderful and impressive!

Kashmira said...

Very impressive! The colors are perfect!