Busy doing mushrooms .... mushrooms sometimes are quite fun!
The first (done the other day) was Okay'ish:
the second the next day ... was a Fail'ish:
because I used some quite dry clay and some straight from the bag stuff, which as I tried to model got wetter. I'd read that if that is the case then score and slip them well together, test the bond by trying to flip it off (all was okay so far), and then place in some plastic wrapping - this is where it seemed to go horribly wrong:
and the whole mushroom top dropped off, leaving just the very centre bit. Not to be put off, tonight I carved some little windows and a door in it, and sanded off the edges of the top piece --- and then my Fail become a perfect Fairy House when glazed.
Now for the EPIC FAIL:
M'Mother suggested that I also did a bird cane top .... well he took for ever to get any semblance of the right shape, and then I carved some feather type lines, eyes and a beak into him this evening. He's also a bit on the wobbly side around the bottom. The worst part, I think and I am sure you will ROFL along with me .... is his silly beaky grin ..... looks a bit like he's been interfered with in the shrubbery and needs to have a word with the RSPCA!
For good or bad, I'm going to go ahead and fire him, and then see what a bit of glaze does ... should give the recipient a good old chuckle too. Although I think we can all agree that modelling with clay is not, definitely not, for forte ... will it stop me ...... probably not.
For far more sensible projects .... hop off to Fair Queen Julia's WOYWW post.