Wednesday, 14 November 2012

WOYWW - Work in Progress


So today the picture was taken upstairs in the office, and is the work in progress from the previous post on Monday, which was the UK Inspiration challenge.  For a closer look at the beads, and indeed more detail on the challenge keep on reading past the end of this post.

Since I posted on Monday, I have really only added more of the green beads to the end, and used a Tim Holtz Garment Pin as the closure at one end.  As I was putting on the green beads, I noticed that two of the copper shells always twist the wrong way - I have put them on the incorrect place on their links, and so I need to go back and fix this.  It looks a bit sparse with just the one jump ring and green bead on these links, especially as the other beads are large'ish, so I will add more, some with copper jump rings and some with silver and just a splash of pink as I go (I was thinking of the Sea Thrift you see growing on the cliff edge).

There is a lot going on around here, mostly personal stuff, but also Stamp Galaxy has a 5% discount on the Yellow, Yellow/Green and Yellow/Red Colour Sketches until Monday, so it has been quite busy there.

I need to find a coffee now and head off over to Fair Queen Julia's to see what all the WOYWW desks are up to.

Happy Wednesday one and all.

Hugs

Kay

10 comments:

Redanne said...

There are some lovely beads on your desk Kay and the bracelet is looking good, like the idea you have used for the closure too, very inventive. Happy WOYWW, Anne x #65

sandra de said...

Lovely beads and hope to see a pic of the finished project. I am always inspired by people who create gorgeous jewelry.
Sandra @75

KatzElbows said...

I love works in progress. They're so full of potential and it's fun to guess what's coming next. I'm usually wrong!

Happy WOYWW,
rachel #52

Minxy said...

shock and horror.. no clay today, or are these some beads you've made? either way looks like your having fun playing x
Thanks for the visit, Happy WOYWW
Hugz Minxy #8

TeddyBobCrafts said...

Happy WOYWW. Gorgeous beads. Do they take ages to make? Shame you missed the challenge deadline - I often do that! Ali x #71

butterfly said...

Beautiful sea-coloured beads... sea thrift will go perfectly in amongst them - and I love how you've used the TH pin! Happy WOYWW!
Alison x
#4

Annie said...

I've enjoyed seeing your work in progress today.....fab beads.
Hugs,
A x #74

okienurse said...

busy desk with all those beads and chain! Looking forward to seeing the finished project! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #62

RosC said...

Hello Kay,
Sunday gives me time to play so here I am. Your bead work looks terrific and I love the tool handling that comes with it. I have a life-long love affair with tools.
Some of those beads are really lovely.
Smiles,
Ros. #94

Morti said...

I'm REALLY late getting round to people this week - family life getting in the way!

So, I figured I'd better pop in and at least say thanks for stopping by!