Wednesday, 9 January 2013

WOYWW - Seriously Wednesday again? ....

still look on the bright side the mornings' are getting a little lighter!  Spring is on the way.

A lot has been happening on the ol' desk this week.

Yesterday I managed to achieve a very nearly full board, which was my target for the day:


My description for the photo on Twitter reads "nearly dull board", and I suppose that is partially right, leatherhard clay is a bit dull.

This is the "clay" desk after my playing session yesterday:


You can just make out one loan pendant nearest the camera, and that funny looking bit of clay near the orange spacer bars is actually a flying saucer shaped piece.  Reason?  Well, when I was making a pendant the other day (can't share it yet, as it is for a Challenge Reveal on 12th January), I found that it kept collapsing on my whilst adding the petals (see, now you've made me say too much!).  So, my thinking behind the desk is that once bisque fired I can use it to slump ...... oh get me with my technical term ... the base clay over and then it will support the whole thing and I can build my petals from there.

However, when it was drying on the end of the rolling pin yesterday afternoon, I was studying it and realised it would also make a sweet little ring bowl .... so dilemma time, use this one as a ring bowl or fire this one and make another for my slump piece?

This morning I will mostly be doing more of the handmade balled copper head pins, which will be for sale probably tomorrow at Stamp Galaxy.

Oh, and Toodles & Binks are now on Facebook ... so please come over and like us HERE.  Worth doing, as going forward there will be some nice giveaways and Facebook type offers, plus I would really love to reach a target of 200 Followers this month if I can.

It's not going to be all about Ceramics around here ... I am going to have a go at doing some Copper Etching  this month and also we are working on some new stamps.

Right, before I go off to do the school run, I need to hop over to Fair Queen Julia's and have a look around all the inspiring WOYWW spaces.

Hugs

Kay

13 comments:

Tertia said...

Looks like you are going to be very busy this year.
Happy WOYWW
Tertia #17

Glenda said...

A very busy girl! Good luck in the coming year!
Glenda #78

Sue McDonald said...

looks very interesting...........

Lori said...

So fun!! I know nothing about clay. I look forward to learning something new by watching your blog.

I am friends with Sandee and new to WYOWW. Hope you have a chance to check out my blog.
Lori #81

MrsC.x said...

very busy desk!
Happy woyww TFS Mrs.C.xx #28
craftylittlemoos.blogspot.com

CraftygasheadZo said...

Always looks intriguing and I'm amazed at the amount of detail you create. Take care. Zo xx 43

My name is Cindy said...

Don't think you gave much away I have no idea what you meant about the slumping!! Nice claywork, Happy WOYWW Cindy #54

Li'l Pidge said...

ooh...love seeing some clay work (I did 3 yrs of evening classes doing ceramics..loved every minute of it) on WOYWW.....cannot wait to see what you are making.

Kyla #18

Ria Gall said...

Hi Kay
Your desk looks very interesting I hope you don't mind me coming back to your blog to see these finished.
Ria

Apryl said...

You've got some fun brewing there on your desk. Can't wait to see the finished product. Happy WOYWW!

Apryl H #9

April Story said...

I liked you on Facebook and then got totally sidetracked! LOL I can't wait to see the finished product. April #136

Queenie Jeannie said...

Look at you go!! Super productive! Looking forward to the finished pieces.

Jeannie #60

Andrea said...

belated happy WOYWW its been a hectic week and now on catch up.love teh look of all that clay and cant wait to see what you've created all we know IS it has petals !!! not too much given away ! hope you have a fab week hope to be back soon Andrea#67