Wednesday, 6 February 2013

WOYWW - just been told off about the mess ....



this looks bad .... but the rest of the studio looks are terrible mess .... and I've just been told off by the Rubbah Elf about it.

I need to tidy later on I am guessing.

My desk on this dark and horrible Wednesday is so, the grey rectangle you can see centre stage on it has another grey rectangle upon it, which is this:


or it was like that, but it actually looks a bit smoother and refined now, as I did a bit more carving on it late last night.  What is it? I hear you ask ........ it's a texture plate for using on clay designs.  I need to finish it off and then bisque fire it, and then it can be pressed into other things of clay, the lines, dots etc., that go in will be embossed when I do that - golden rule when making a texture plate to use "what goes inwards, will come outwards".

Once I'm finished carving it I will smooth off any unwanted high points with a web sponge and tidy up the edges of the lines.  I am super pleased with myself.

Today, I will be refining the Lentil Beads:


these were the halves, that have now been slipped together, and tiny coils of clay added to keep the memory from taking over and splitting them apart again - well that is the theory.  I've never made them before.

The moisture in them should have equalised today, and I need to give them a sanding around the seams and refine the holes.

Sorry, more clay stuff on my desk this week, but that does include stamping as the designs on the lentils were stamped on.

For lots of mega interesting desks please grab a coffee and hop off over to Fair Queen Julia's for a lookie around the crafting kingdom.

Hugs

Kay
xoxox

11 comments:

jude said...

Kay your desk looks creative you seem to be busy doing many projects .i wouldnt call it messy desk!
Have creative week and happy woyww
hugs judex 46

Helen said...

What a fab desk! I love your clay work. Helen, 14

Andrea said...

fab desk i've never worked with clay but looks great i'm not sure I quite get what your talking about re the beads a bit technical but im sure if I understood i've just learnt something new!,I think I need to go check out some more of your posts as im now curious . thanks for sharing oh I love the design on them too, hope you have a fab week

Andrea#77

Ria Gall said...

I love your clay plate and thank you for talking through what you do with it it is so interesting
Happy WOYWW #192
Ria #75

Queenie Jeannie said...

How fun to combine stamping with clay!! Looking forward to seeing more!

Happy Crafting!
Jeannie #4

Maisie Moonshine said...

Thanks for taking us through your current Work In Progress - it was really interesting! And for the record - that is NOT a messy desk! lol. MM x #144

Lori said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the flowered piece.

Hope you get a chance to check out my blog and desk.
Have a great day.
Lori #110

Monica said...

It looks all very organized to me especially with clay. please post photos of the final lentils.
Monica 128

Lisa said...

Desk looks fine by me... I can't even get to mine lol
looks like some great things going on too

Lisa #174

Craftychris said...

The texture plate is gorgeous and those beads are cool to! It all looks very clever stuff! Have a fab week xx #125

Jackie said...

I'm still trawling around the desks as I get time!
Your desk is great, thanks for sharing :)
Jackie #46