Wednesday, 13 February 2013

WOYWW - Massive Mess


The aftermath of playing with clay .... I need to clear this up pretty gosh darn quick actually ... it seems to bother me much more than actual papercrafting mess.

Also, last night Guy cut me a large piece of plasterboard to cover the majority of my working space, as I am finding that the smaller squares are a bit too small to work on .... but they are perfect for drying off work:


two bowls of differing shapes drying, as well as a bead, and the strange looking things towards the back are/or will be when fired, a bead measuring gauge (that's the one with the well) and a lentil forming slump mold (which isn't so successful, as I think that the half round sticking out is a bit too pronounced and I haven't left enough flat edge around it - it's all suck it and see anyway it was just an idea I had floating around in my head).

As you can see (sorry about the absolutely awful photo, it is pitch here) the two dishes have different amounts of curve on them.  The left hand one is more upright ... actually I like this one better ... and the righthand one is much flatter ... that was dried over the bottle with the red nozzle covered in paper in the top photo.  I also haven't carved folds out of the righthand one and it has quite a flat edge profile (which I am not sure I like so much .... I might try another one and carve the same wavy edge in it to see how that looks.  Any opinions on which one you prefer?  I know it's difficult to say when they are just unfired and white.

If you want to see lots more super crafty spaces grab a coffee and head off to Fair Queen Julia's for a snoop.

Hugs

Kay


9 comments:

Heather Alger said...

This looks like fun, looking forward to seeing how this turns out x
Happy WOYWW Heather # 62

Ria Gall said...

I love the shape of those two bowls and can't wait to see what you do with them
Happy WOYWW I hope you have a great day
Ria #47

Joynana said...

I was wondering what you are going to do with the clay pieces that you are making. #83

Marit said...

Aaah... playing with clay/plaster... I haven't done that in ages and am not as good in it as you are, these pieces look gorgeous to me! Love from Holland, Marit #89

Claire said...

well, it doesn't look too messy to me... but it may feel it :)
i actually lie the shallower bowl better - each to her own :)
a happy WOYWW to you and i hope you have a wonderful week!
no. 7

Laura said...

I think I like the wavy edge and the less curved dish shape...
Looks like lots of fun
Happy WOYWW,
Laura
81

Julia Dunnit said...

I like the right hand one...the shallower curve..because then on 'display' there's more to be seen than the underside. And I'd use it more I'm sure. And I like the flat profile edge but don't dislike the wavy...have you patterned them with lace or something freehand?
As for the mess, I get it...i wonder if it because it takes more effort to properly tidy after a clay session? I dunno!

okienurse said...

great looking desk. I love the shapes of the clay pieces and the one on the right is just about what I need for a hall table! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #17

April Story said...

I haven't done anything with clay myself, but am quite intrigued to see the finished products. I like the pattern on the dishes.
April #119